Contribute
Register

[Success] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + TB3 + iGPU + Mojave + SFF Build

Your Config v5 completely solved my monitor problem, thank you very much. The only thing for some reason in my Clover resolution is not 4K, but as if 1280 by 720 pixels (HD). Maybe you need to change something in Bios?

Maybe you need to adjust monitor scaling?

Go to "About this Mac" and select "Displays" tab at top of this small window. A new window will appear and click on "Scaled" rather than the "Default for display" as in the attached image. This allows the selection of greater (or lesser) resolutions.

Attachments

• MonitorScaling.jpg
    MonitorScaling.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Maybe you need to adjust monitor scaling?

Go to "About this Mac" and select "Displays" tab at top of this small window. A new window will appear and click on "Scaled" rather than the "Default for display" as in the attached image. This allows the selection of greater (or lesser) resolutions.
I am fine in the operating system itself. My resolution is low in Clover. I don’t know how to fix this, because 3840 by 2160 pixels is set in the config options.

I replaced the Bluetooth / Wi-Fi module from standard to custom (BCM94360CS2). It works natively. To make it work, I needed to delete the AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext files. After that, I reset the Bluetooth in macOS settings. I can share the photos of the process, so that you add them to the cap.

BCM94360CS2.JPG

Last edited:
This is my problem:

Clover Resolution 1.JPG Clover Resolution 2.JPG

Clover Resolution 3.JPG

Just a quick update: you were completely right about that. Enabling "IGPU Multi-Monitor" has not only resulted in VideoProc seeing the onboard accelerators (after hitting refresh; not detected at launch), but jpegs in Quicklook and Preview now work as well, including after removing NoVPA (and not setting any special settings in WhateverGreen using the shiki flags. Nice suggestion!

Just a note: the Intel 630 does not show up in either System Information > Graphics/Displays nor "About this Mac", as it does on MacBooks. It is also unavailable in the Geekbench Compute tab. This might be because it's only available for acceleration and not to drive a display.

Also, there was a thread on another site about the latest Clover trashing many people's Mojave installs. That thread scared me into setting up a an external USB stick as a boot drive so I can test future versions of Clover on it before installing directly to my internal disk.

And thanks for the note about the purple streaks. Is there a consensus about why it happens? And is it an indication there might be any long-term threat to corrupting the BIOS or other system files?

Good to hear all is working!

The 630 does not show up when it is running in a 'supportive role. It works 'behind the scenes'.

The purple streaks probably mean nothing (no corruption). Probably some graphic display memory is transiently being overwritten. I don't worry about it.

Congrat to @rj510

I am going to build with same parts:
  1. Asrock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING ITX BIOS 4.0 :(
  2. INTEL I9-9900K + COOLER MASTER AIO 240 COOLER
  3. G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 SDRAM 3200
  4. COLORFUL SSD 120 GB
  5. WD BLACK NVME 250 GB
Sadly I can't boot either USB for fresh install or clone working GIGABYTE Z390 + i9600K + 32GB +NVME 250 GB
Could you provide your working EFI? Thank you in advance.

If you're only seeing this during boot, it is an HDMI problem. If you run DP, I think you will not see low res during boot. I've seen this when I switch from DP to HDMI on various mobos.
Unfortunately, this does not affect the picture in Clover at all. I will dig in the direction of work with the theme of registration.

I solved my problem. I needed to enable FastBoot in the BIOS settings. After that, support for high resolution even when the computer was booted. By the way, the purple stripes for 1 - 2 seconds while turning on Hacintosh became much less.

IMG_6762.JPG IMG_6761.JPG

Last edited:
I solved my problem. I needed to enable FastBoot in the Bios settings. After that, support for high resolution even when the computer was booted. By the way, the purple stripes for 1 - 2 seconds while turning on Hacintosh became much less.

View attachment 416197 View attachment 416196

Interesting!

I thought FastBoot was a no-go for Hackintoshes; I've never tried it.

Interesting!

I thought FastBoot was a no-go for Hackintoshes; I've never tried it.

You can try to turn it on to get rid of 80-90% of the purple bars on the screen at boot time. I have these now only displayed at the top of the screen, and very few of them.

Back