Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After much struggling with getting an installer that would work, I finally found my answer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2-g_coTRnPnaU53Z1F6Qm5OeXM/view?pref=2&pli=1
All credit to the poster h4x at SourceForge.net for creating it and allowing it to be linked.
I did have to use a supported nVidia GPU - an Asus GT520 Silent I had in the closet from a previous build - because the GTX980 just would not work, even with nv_disable=1.
Built the UniBeast USB with latest 6.2 and El Capitan 10.11.5 download from the MAS. Clover version from UniBeast just was not working, so went to SourceForge and downloaded the latest - v3543.
Saved the config.plist from UniBeast installed Clover, installed Clover r3543 to the USB, replaced the config.plist with the UniBeast one, added NullCPU and 6 core VoodooTSCSync to Kexts/10.10 and 10.11 and saved it.
Booted the X99 with absolutely no problems, installed OS X and got everything set up.
Both NICS are working, Audio is working with the help of toleda's guide for unsupported x99 (thanks toleda), all USB ports are working in USB2.0 mode. No USB3.0 support yet - still working on that.

System boots, reboots, and reboots to select Win10, reboot to select OS X, and so far no problems with aptiofix or runtime errors.
Patched the config.plist for AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy to be able to use the MacPro6,1 system def with an nVidia GPU,
Downloaded and installed latest nVidia web drivers, set the nVidia driver to use in pref pane, added nvda_drv=1 to config.plist boot-args, shutdown and swap the GT520 for the GTX980. Reboot.
I do not think GeekBench is set up to use DDR4 RAM yet - the RAM I have should be getting a lot better score.

Some eye candy:
X99M Killer MacPro6,1.png
MacPro6,1 SysDef.png
MacPro6,1 Cinebench.png

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Addendum: Full parts list:
Part Make and Model
Case Lian Li PC-V358
PSU Corsair HX1000i Platinum
PSU Red Braided 24Pin cable Corsair CP-8920057
PSU Red Braided cable set Corsair CP-8920008
Board Asrock Fatal1ty X99M Killer
CPU Intel Core i7 5930K
CPU Cooler Corsair H105 AIO
RAM G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 2666 Model F4-2400C15Q-16GRR
GPU EVGA GTX 980 Superclock ACX 04G-P4-2983-KR
Display Dell UltraSharp UP2414Q 23.8" 3840x2160
toslink cable
Studio Monitors Behringer MS40 Near Field Monitors
BDR Hitachi-LG CT40N
adapter cable slim SATA to SATA with power Startech SLSATAADAP6
M.2 SSD Samsung XP941 512
M.2 SSD x 2 Samsung XP941 256
M.2 to PCIe x4 adapter Bplus M2P4A
M.2 to PCIe x4 adapter Bplus M2P4S
M.2 to PCIe x4 Cable Bplus KZ-B23X4

Cool, glad to see it up and running, clearly that board is a PITA. :clap: There may still be some issues if you consider these scores running at default CPU speed...

IPG.png GB.png

Cinebench.png

Clearly my Ram will make some difference but not that much... Three cheers for the guy that provided OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

Last edited:
Hi Going Bald,
I follow your thread but not working...please explane all your passage to install correcly el capitan.

After much struggling with getting an installer that would work, I finally found my answer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2-g_coTRnPnaU53Z1F6Qm5OeXM/view?pref=2&pli=1
All credit to the poster h4x at SourceForge.net for creating it and allowing it to be linked.
I did have to use a supported nVidia GPU - an Asus GT520 Silent I had in the closet from a previous build - because the GTX980 just would not work, even with nv_disable=1.
Built the UniBeast USB with latest 6.2 and El Capitan 10.11.5 download from the MAS. Clover version from UniBeast just was not working, so went to SourceForge and downloaded the latest - v3543.
Saved the config.plist from UniBeast installed Clover, installed Clover r3543 to the USB, replaced the config.plist with the UniBeast one, added NullCPU and 6 core VoodooTSCSync to Kexts/10.10 and 10.11 and saved it.
Booted the X99 with absolutely no problems, installed OS X and got everything set up.
Both NICS are working, Audio is working with the help of toleda's guide for unsupported x99 (thanks toleda), all USB ports are working in USB2.0 mode. No USB3.0 support yet - still working on that.

System boots, reboots, and reboots to select Win10, reboot to select OS X, and so far no problems with aptiofix or runtime errors.
Patched the config.plist for AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy to be able to use the MacPro6,1 system def with an nVidia GPU,
Downloaded and installed latest nVidia web drivers, set the nVidia driver to use in pref pane, added nvda_drv=1 to config.plist boot-args, shutdown and swap the GT520 for the GTX980. Reboot.
I do not think GeekBench is set up to use DDR4 RAM yet - the RAM I have should be getting a lot better score.

Some eye candy:View attachment 198174View attachment 198175View attachment 198176

Holy cow, congrats on sticking with this board long enough to get El Cap to work. My Yosemite install is still running great, so I haven't had much motivation to try and get El Cap or Sierra to work, but with your Google Drive file, maybe I'll give it a shot.

Did you do any special BIOS changes other than the usual set recommended in the Unibeast guides?

I use my machine for work, but when I finally need to upgrade the OS for software reasons, I think I'm going to ditch the X99M in favor of something that is more compatible. This thing has been a real headache, hackintosh-wise.

@Going Bald, could you post a bit more rudimentary info on how you got this thing running? BIOS Settings, boot options, did you use usb2 or usb3, etc. I can't get this damn thing to work, additional info would be much appreciated.

@Going Bald, could you post a bit more rudimentary info on how you got this thing running? BIOS Settings, boot options, did you use usb2 or usb3, etc. I can't get this damn thing to work, additional info would be much appreciated.
Have to be after 10/22 - I am on 12hour shift every day until then and no time to really sit down and play. Have not even attempted Sierra on it yet as I decided after Yosemite to wait until Apple refreshed the MacPro X79 with X99 and got full support.

@Going Bald, thanks for the reply! Can't wait until you get some time to do this.

Also, do you think the Mac Pro will get upgraded to X99 or just skipped to something new? I'm not following intel too close so I don't know what other chipsets it has on the cooker.

Going Bald, Hi, I'm in the same situation and fonfiguration.
I'm stuck here:
IMG_2594.JPG

So what to do? I really would like if you can post your process, please :)

My config:
ASRock Fatal1ty X99M killer
i7 5930K
SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256Go
Asus GeForce GTX 980 STRIX OC - 4 Go
Hydro Series - H100i
32 Go RAM 2400Ghz 4x8
Corsair AX860i
Display LG 3440x1440

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.