Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Help me to prescribe the way that I just don’t want to work anymore, the card has a normal id but it does not work

Already looked at windows way (ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(GPP8)#ACPI(SWUS)#ACPI(SWDS)#ACPI(VGA_) )

Not sure why you tagged me but it looks like there are no pci-bridges? You could try renaming SWUS and SWDS but I don't think you even need the BRG0-SSDT.

Good luck

Not sure why you tagged me but it looks like there are no pci-bridges? You could try renaming SWUS and SWDS but I don't think you even need the BRG0-SSDT.

Good luck
Thanks for the answer, it's just my first assembly, I still don't quite understand what's what

Everything works even if I turn it off. WhateverGreen.kext, remove arguments agdpmod=pikera) Reactions 0

Thanks for the answer, it's just my first assembly, I still don't quite understand what's what

Everything works even if I turn it off. WhateverGreen.kext, remove arguments agdpmod=pikera) Reactions 0

What card do you have? Is it a 6900 XT or a 6900 XTXH? The XTXH cards are branded as "Ultimate, Overclocked, Toxic" or something to that effect.

Here's a list of the XTXH cards from the popular manufacturers:
ASRock 6900xt OC Formula
MSI 6900xt Gaming Z Trio
PowerColor 6900xt Red Devil Ultimate
TOXIC AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Air Cooled
XFX SPEEDSTER MERC319 AMD Radeon RX 6900XT LIMITED BLACK

If you don't have an XTXH card, you don't need the spoof.

@djlild7hina or @CaseySJ

Would it be possible for you to make an SSDT-BRG0.aml for my specific IOReg? I seem to have the exact same problem @zappy39 and @jan2ooo, with having multiple "pci-bridge"'s in my chain, and I don't know how to account for them in the SSDT so I can spoof the card. I have an XFX Speedster MERC 319 AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT. I tried reverse-engineering the ones you posted to see if I could figure it out, but I just can't. Any help would be appreciated.

I've attached a screenshot below. Thank you again for any help.

The path seems to be PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/pci-bridge@3/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/GFX0@0

Sean

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 6.11.43 PM.png

XFX AMD Radeon RX 6900XT

NAVI21EXT Gaming XTX D412

AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
Internal@0,3,1
PCIe: x16
VRAM-16 ГБ
AMD (0 x 1002)
ID 0x73bf
ID 0x00c0
ROM: 113-69XB6SSB1-C02
Metal: Metal GPUFamily macOS 2

@FlutterAp

You don't need the SSDT-BRG0.aml file. Your card should work out of the box. Try removing the spoof.

@djlild7hina or @CaseySJ

Would it be possible for you to make an SSDT-BRG0.aml for my specific IOReg? I seem to have the exact same problem @zappy39 and @jan2ooo, with having multiple "pci-bridge"'s in my chain, and I don't know how to account for them in the SSDT so I can spoof the card. I have an XFX Speedster MERC 319 AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT. I tried reverse-engineering the ones you posted to see if I could figure it out, but I just can't. Any help would be appreciated.

The path seems to be PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/pci-bridge@3/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@0/IOPP/GFX0@0

Sean

View attachment 541025

Idk if this'll work but

Attachments

• SSDT-BRG0-6900XT.aml
    137 bytes · Views: 84
@djlild7hina or @CaseySJ

Sean

View attachment 541025
Your IOReg screenshot indicates that the AMD Navi 21 driver is already attached. In “About this Mac” what do you see next to “Graphics”?

@CaseySJ Yes, it's odd because my card is 0x73AF. I checked it's device id. When I plugged it into my computer for the first time yesterday, I used agdpmod=pikera, and it booted. And showed Navi21 in my About this Mac section. But, all my colours were inverted, hardware acceleration was disabled, and it wouldn't allow HiDPI/Retina on my 4K monitor. Also crazy lag.

I haven't tried @djlild7hina's SSDT yet, as my computer has been rendering for the past couple hours for a video edit with my old GPU in it. Once it's done I'll give it a whirl.

Strange right?

@CaseySJ Yes, it's odd because my card is 0x73AF. I checked it's device id. When I plugged it into my computer for the first time yesterday, I used agdpmod=pikera, and it booted. And showed Navi21 in my About this Mac section. But, all my colours were inverted, hardware acceleration was disabled, and it wouldn't allow HiDPI/Retina on my 4K monitor. Also crazy lag.

I haven't tried @djlild7hina's SSDT yet, as my computer has been rendering for the past couple hours for a video edit with my old GPU in it. Once it's done I'll give it a whirl.

Strange right?
That is indeed strange. Suggestions:
  • Certainly try the SSDT first.
  • If problem persists, let us know the following:
    • Make/model of monitor
    • HDMI or DisplayPort cable?
    • Is cable fully rated for 4K 60Hz?
    • Is HDR enabled or disabled in System Preferences —> Displays?
    • Which version of macOS?
  • Consider performing CMOS Reset, which then requires setting all BIOS parameters again.

@FlutterAp

You don't need the SSDT-BRG0.aml file. Your card should work out of the box. Try removing the spoof.
Thanks for the answer, kind person)) maybe then because of the beta version it slows down, I have 12.3 today I'll try to install Monterey 12.2

Back