Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Guys guys. Let’s all focus on the fact that our 6800s amd 6900s (for the most part) are now working. Finally after all these months I can vertically mount my 6800xt and put my 560 into retirement.

I could also sell my Radeon VII for a ton of money on eBay given the current demand, but no, I won’t scalp. I’ll keep it.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    377.9 KB · Views: 373
But no HDR at 120 Hz. At 60 Hz, yes. I reach 240 Hz in windows at this resolution with HDR.
Your capture screen shows that your GPU work in 8K, may be it is the reason that you are stuck @ 120Hz
If you have truly 4K resolution you would have 240Hz ... may be ?
It's just an idea ;)

Hello guys. I can use my 6900XT after boot, but if I boot with monitors connected i have a black screen. I only can boot with monitor connected to my Rx570, and after boot disconnect from Rx570 and connect monitors to 6900Xt. Anyone with same problem or any solution?

Tks in advance.

Hello guys. I can use my 6900XT after boot, but if I boot with monitors connected i have a black screen. I only can boot with monitor connected to my Rx570, and after boot disconnect from Rx570 and connect monitors to 6900Xt. Anyone with same problem or any solution?

Tks in advance.
Are you using WhateverGreen + agdpmod=pikera boot arg? This is required if you use WhateverGreen and boot only with the 6900XT. I haven't yet tested with a second GPU installed but I would imagine that the presence of the 6900XT means agdpmod=pikera is required then too.

Another option is to switch to MacPro7,1 SMBIOS and boot without WhateverGreen. However I found that that caused problems with connecting to the USB-C connector. Without WhateverGreen, I often got no picture to a monitor connected via USB-C to DP. With WhateverGreen + agdpmod=pikera boot-arg, the USB-C port works perfectly for me.

Last edited:
On me, iMac19,1, When I installed Whatevergreen.kext + agdpmod=pikera then got black screen. So I use
Power Color RX6900XT 16GBD6-3DHE/OC without WEG as 0x73bf.
How can I solve Black Screen with WEG??

Are you using WhateverGreen + agdpmod=pikera boot arg? This is required if you use WhateverGreen and boot only with the 6900XT. I haven't yet tested with a second GPU installed but I would imagine that the presence of the 6900XT means agdpmod=pikera is required then too.

Another option is to switch to MacPro7,1 SMBIOS and boot without WhateverGreen. However I found that that caused problems with connecting to the USB-C connector. Without WhateverGreen, I often got no picture to a monitor connected via USB-C to DP. With WhateverGreen + agdpmod=pikera boot-arg, the USB-C port works perfectly for me.
Yes i have a WahteverGreen and agdpmod=pikera, but only can boot with monitor connected to Rx570 and no monitors connected to Rx6900. Only works if i connect monitors to 6900xt after mac os boot.

Yes i have a WahteverGreen and agdpmod=pikera, but only can boot with monitor connected to Rx570 and no monitors connected to Rx6900. Only works if i connect monitors to 6900xt after mac os boot.
In BIOS, what is “Initial Display Output” set to? Is it set to PCIe 1 Slot or PCIe 2 Slot?

In BIOS, what is “Initial Display Output” set to? Is it set to PCIe 1 Slot or PCIe 2 Slot?
After my bios update, that option disappear. My bios version is f20.

Back