Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Needed to disable the hub through PCI0.GPP8.X161 and PCI0.GPP8.SWUS.SWDS.HDAU, additionally to the GPU and now the 6900XT is gone under GFX and sleep works!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Needed to disable the hub through PCI0.GPP8.X161 and PCI0.GPP8.SWUS.SWDS.HDAU, additionally to the GPU and now the 6900XT is gone under GFX and sleep works!

Thank you!
I am in the same situation as you, but I can't find a way to disable the HDAU hub. Could you please tell me how you did it?

Just tried my 6800XT in eGPU on Big Sur 11.2 (16" MacBook Pro) - no display at all.

I know there's no acceleration for it etc but is there a way to at least get an (non-accelerated) image? I'd like my second screen to at least be usable for text or something...
Does anyone know?

I am in the same situation as you, but I can't find a way to disable the HDAU hub. Could you please tell me how you did it?

after further testing some stuff, it seems that once I disable it through X161 it shows up under SWUS.SWDS and vice versa, but disabling it at both it just shows up as pci-bridge.

the best way for me at at least, was to disable the gpu and have sleep properly work is by disabling X161 completely and have gfx disabled, see attached SSDT

Attachments

• SSDT-GPU-Reset.aml
    297 bytes · Views: 90
Forum Rules:
  • Software released thru the Apple Developer Program is restricted to paid developer members only and restricted by NDA. As such, this site does NOT support installation of any software released under this program nor discussion of it or any non-public information developers have access to.

I'm seeing people say the 6800 works but no acceleration. What does that mean? I see it in `System Information.app` as `External GPU` by `Vendor AMD (0x1002)`. Can MacOS do anything with that?

Last edited:
I'm seeing people say the 6800 works but no acceleration. What does that mean? I see it in `System Information.app` as `External GPU` by `Vendor AMD (0x1002)`. Can MacOS do anything with that?
Curious where do you see ppl saying 6800 works?

Plenty of people on here have them working, including me. Read some of the other pages in this thread.
Well, seems like I misunderstand what he said here. I thought working means at least 60 hz but not just booting into the system with the card. My 6900 XT can boot into the system but just very laggy.

Back