Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 5K Resolution with AMD RX580, Dell UP2715K and Sierra 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read, ngfxpatch=pikera is deprecated and will eventually be disabled/removed since it was originally an NvidiaGraphicsFixup specific flag. That flag will still work in WhateverGreen for now, but it's been replaced with agdpmod=pikera so the old flag will eventually stop working in future releases once it's been removed completely.

Pretty much.

I have an Asus ROG Strix RX 580 Gaming 8GB card which worked OOB without any modifications. With iMac17,1 SMBIOS, I only needed the agdpmod=pikera flag for my Dell UP2715K to work consistently well.

The only graphics-related patching I did was to enable my Intel 530 integrated GPU for hardware acceleration in various applications that make use of Intel Quick Sync. Easy enough to do with the Intel Framebuffer patching thread on here.

That's amazing news honestly. It's the same I am doing now with the nVidia 1060.

As soon as Amazon put up some deal, I'll make the switch

Thank youuuuuuu!!!!!
fuuuhhhh
Dont know exactly what, but after doing all in this post, I got my Vega56 to work with Dell 5K + Dell 4K displays without problems...
thanks

Success!

Dell UP2715K, Lenovo S30 Workstation, Intel Xeon 2697v2, 64MB RAM, Sapphire Pulse RADEON RX 580, macOS Mojave 10.14.

The Radeon card replaced my old nVidia GTX960 since there's no WebDriver for macOS Mojave.
I have a modified DSDT which rename the graphics card's name according RehabMan's guide.

Clover settings: the difference between mine and the author is my CPU doesn't have an Intel GPU, so no IGPU injection.
No driver modification. No frame buffer injection. No second "support-GPU" needed.

Everything works like charm. I used to power cycle the monitor in order to make a MTS connection for nVidia's webDriver, now I can skip this step.

Thanks!

Would you mind posting your EFI-folder for this setup as I have S30 to?

Please help me, I have 1 monitor up2715k but I can't get it to run at 5k, it's split into 2 monitors, I have made your way but it doesn't work. my configuration
Aorus z370 gaming 5
i5 8400
corsair 32gb
VGA: gigabyte vega64
macos 10.15.7
and I use opencore

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 00.39.32.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 00.39.32.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.