Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 10.12.4; ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, i5-6500, 970GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
kristof.petho
thank a lot I follow you everthing work 100% but cannot use usb front and red usb(usb 3.1) you know how to fix ?

For sleep and wake up, you can use this DSDT. To wake up the Mac you have just to ""press a little" the start button on your desktop...
If it works you can say that here. Thank's (if it doesn't work too)

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    137.5 KB · Views: 275
Hello guys, I have a problem with my Asus z170i pro gaming rear pink microphone jack. It does not work at all. I tried a lot of patch but nothing changed. Does anyone have the same problem? Thanks

Hello there :)

I have a problem on installation. :'(
I followed your guide.
I'm on i3 6300 and HD530 (no graphic card)

- DVMT to 64MB
- IOAPIC 24-119 Entries: Enabled in bios

The error (Sorry for the quality)
Screenshot_21-20-39.png

My EFI Folder
Screenshot_21-22-11.png

I don't found the problem...

Edit:

I found a problem with clover install, the problem was the csrutil (he was enabled) on my macbook pro.

Now, when I launch the install from bootloader, it's a totally black screen.

Any clue ?

Last edited:
Hi I followed your guide but I am with Asus Z170 Pro mobo. Everything works, except the audio. I used the audio_cloverALC-120.command and I clicked on these:
Confirm Realtek ALCxxx (y/n): y
Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): y
Use Audio ID: x (y/n): y
Select Audio ID (1, 2 or 3): 1
But I am only getting one line In in the audio settings. Is it possible to get 5.1 ports on the back and the front audio working?
Is there anything else I need to do for the Audio?

kristof.petho
thank a lot I follow you everthing work 100% but cannot use usb front and red usb(usb 3.1) you know how to fix ?

Unless you use the unlimited USB patch, you need to disable the USB ports you do not use, in the config.plist file.
Use the guide here: LINK

Hello guys, I have a problem with my Asus z170i pro gaming rear pink microphone jack. It does not work at all. I tried a lot of patch but nothing changed. Does anyone have the same problem? Thanks

I suggest using VoodooHDA as kext from here: LINK
Just put the kext file under EFI/Clover/kexts/other (this is how I do it)

Hi I followed your guide but I am with Asus Z170 Pro mobo. Everything works, except the audio. I used the audio_cloverALC-120.command and I clicked on these:
Confirm Realtek ALCxxx (y/n): y
Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): y
Use Audio ID: x (y/n): y
Select Audio ID (1, 2 or 3): 1
But I am only getting one line In in the audio settings. Is it possible to get 5.1 ports on the back and the front audio working?
Is there anything else I need to do for the Audio?

See VoodooHDA above. I also have been having trouble with the CloverALC patch since Sierra came out, VoodooHDA works flawlessly for me!

Update: I have updated to 10.12.3 without a hitch, and have also bought an ASUS Strix 970 GTX card, which has a DisplayPort 1.2 on it, as well as a 4k monitor (LG27UD058-B). Both work flawlessly, and the picture quality is insanely awesome!!!

Update: I have updated to 10.12.3 without a hitch, and have also bought an ASUS Strix 970 GTX card, which has a DisplayPort 1.2 on it, as well as a 4k monitor (LG27UD058-B). Both work flawlessly, and the picture quality is insanely awesome!!!

Hi all, I am new to all this. I have a Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Mobo, i7-6700K and a Titan X Pascal. I don't seem to be able to change my resolution or have sound and EFI doesn't seem to be mounted! I don't actually know what EFI or Clover does but I followed Unibeast and Multibeast (and also found the newest Nvidia driver somewhere). However, sound and resolution doesn't work. Any ideas why? And I'm confused as to what needs replacing etc

Hi all, I am new to all this. I have a Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Mobo, i7-6700K and a Titan X Pascal. I don't seem to be able to change my resolution or have sound and EFI doesn't seem to be mounted! I don't actually know what EFI or Clover does but I followed Unibeast and Multibeast (and also found the newest Nvidia driver somewhere). However, sound and resolution doesn't work. Any ideas why? And I'm confused as to what needs replacing etc

Hi, Pascal is not supported at all with hardware acceleration. You can try the internal Intel graphics.
For sound, I suggest you install VoodooHDA into the EFI/Clover/kexts/other directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back