Gigabyte z87x-ud3h
Intel core I5 4670k
8 GB g.skill ripjaw 1600mhz
Palit Geforce GTX770 2GB
2x dell u2515H displays

Bios settings
A) Initial Bios Configuration
1. Enter the Bios and Press F2 to load the Classic View
3. Press F7 to load optimized default values then proceed to change it.
3.1. Under Peripherals > xHCI Mode, change it to AUTO
3.2. Under Peripherals > xHCI Hand-OFF, change it to ENABLED
3.3. Under Peripherals > EHCI Hand-OFF, Change it to Enabled
3.4. Under Peripherals > Internal Graphics, Change it to Disabled.
3.5. Under Peripherals > Init Display First, change it to the PCIe slot that you placed your graphics card in.
3.6. Under Power Management > Wake on LAN, change it to Disabled.
3.7. Under BIOS Features > Boot Options, change it to your boot disk but pick the one that starts with P2 or some number like that.​
- Do not select the UEFI version else you will get the missing operating system error.

4. Save and Exit Bios.

Creating the installation USB

Followed the guide to make an bootable USB stick with clover
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/167901-how-create-os-x-el-capitan-public-beta-installation-usb-using-clover.html

Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 10.25.33 AM.png

Then adjusted some things on the USB:
Selected in clover : OsxAptioFix2DRV-64 and partitionDxe-64
Deleted all the kext folders in the /efi/clover/kexts folder and only left the other folder standing there,
Pasted FakeSMC NullCPUPowerManangement and the intele1000 kext into the folder.
Used the original clover config that came out of the box.

The installation part:
Didn't have to use any boot flags just did the normal installation process , the other thing El Capitan does is an initial 10-15 minutes and then reboots so I thought it was installed already but couldn't find my SSD in the clover boot screen so booted up the installer again and it started the real installation part this time, waited that out and got booted up in 10 minutes.

Installed clover to EFI same drivers as last install and deleted the kext folders again and put the same kexts from the USB in that folder, i noticed that my audio didn't work so i got the old driver i always used (AppleHDA-898) out of the MultiBeast installer and installed that.

Rebooted and i have an fully functional OS X El Capitan hack now.

THREAD STILL A WiP

View attachment Kexts.zip

When you creating USB installation disk with clover are you choosing UEFI setup on the custom settings right?

Hello there,

I've got the same Mb (bios F9b), CPU, 16 GB of ram but an ATI (Radeon HD6800) videocard.
Got the same settings in bios but the only thing I've got when booting CLOVER v3270 from a USB is a line of +++++++++++++++ and then the systems freezes. (I'm on a UEFI setup as I'm already running a Win 10 and a Linux in UEFI mode (each on their own HDD).

I did complete the install the other day, installed the POST-INSTALL packages, and I must have changed modified the config.plist file after :| causing the freez when booting up in any mode..

Even If you said you didn't alter the config.plist that much, could you please provide it (without your SN and MLB ) please ?

other advise always welcome...
Many thanks

D

What Bios version do you have
View attachment 150718

Hardware specs:

Gigabyte z87x-ud3h
Intel core I5 4670k
8 GB g.skill ripjaw 1600mhz
Palit Geforce GTX770 2GB
2x dell u2515H displays

Bios settings
A) Initial Bios Configuration
1. Enter the Bios and Press F2 to load the Classic View
3. Press F7 to load optimized default values then proceed to change it.

3.1. Under Peripherals > xHCI Mode, change it to AUTO
3.2. Under Peripherals > xHCI Hand-OFF, change it to ENABLED
3.3. Under Peripherals > EHCI Hand-OFF, Change it to Enabled
3.4. Under Peripherals > Internal Graphics, Change it to Disabled.
3.5. Under Peripherals > Init Display First, change it to the PCIe slot that you placed your graphics card in.
3.6. Under Power Management > Wake on LAN, change it to Disabled.
3.7. Under BIOS Features > Boot Options, change it to your boot disk but pick the one that starts with P2 or some number like that.
- Do not select the UEFI version else you will get the missing operating system error.

4. Save and Exit Bios.

Creating the installation USB

Followed the guide to make an bootable USB stick with clover
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/167901-how-create-os-x-el-capitan-public-beta-installation-usb-using-clover.html

View attachment 150717

Then adjusted some things on the USB:
Selected in clover : OsxAptioFix2DRV-64 and partitionDxe-64
Deleted all the kext folders in the /efi/clover/kexts folder and only left the other folder standing there,
Pasted FakeSMC NullCPUPowerManangement and the intele1000 kext into the folder.
Used the original clover config that came out of the box.

The installation part:
Didn't have to use any boot flags just did the normal installation process , the other thing El Capitan does is an initial 10-15 minutes and then reboots so I thought it was installed already but couldn't find my SSD in the clover boot screen so booted up the installer again and it started the real installation part this time, waited that out and got booted up in 10 minutes.

Installed clover to EFI same drivers as last install and deleted the kext folders again and put the same kexts from the USB in that folder, i noticed that my audio didn't work so i got the old driver i always used (AppleHDA-898) out of the MultiBeast installer and installed that.

THREAD STILL A WiP

View attachment 150716
What bios version are you running, and could you possibly reveal your settings? I Have the same mobo and can't boot into the EFI partition to get to Clover on the USB stick, so I can't even install El Capitan. I've tried every method on this board with no luck and it's driving me mad. I think maybe I missed something in the bios?? HELP!!

Last edited:
What Bios version do you have

What bios version are you running, and could you possibly reveal your settings? I Have the same mobo and can't boot into the EFI partition to get to Clover on the USB stick, so I can't even install El Capitan. I've tried every method on this board with no luck and it's driving me mad. I think maybe I missed something in the bios?? HELP!!

If i'm correct I am using the latest Beta bios, I recently installed osx again and did it completely via unibeast which is now clover based when you select EFI.

I would advise you to check that and let me know if you need additional help.

I've got the same Mb (bios F9b), CPU, 16 GB of ram but an ATI (Radeon HD6800) videocard.
Got the same settings in bios but the only thing I've got when booting CLOVER v3270 from a USB is a line of +++++++++++++++ and then the systems freezes. (I'm on a UEFI setup as I'm already running a Win 10 and a Linux in UEFI mode (each on their own HDD).

Maybe you'll find the answer here --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/big-list-of-solutions-for-el-capitan-install-problems.173991/
Look for OsxAptioFix - that might be the problem.

Last edited:
View attachment 150718

Hardware specs:
Gigabyte z87x-ud3h

THREAD STILL A WiP

View attachment 150716

None of AppleHDA-898 or Multibeast drivers are working!! why? i have same mainboard and OS X 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back