Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I just installed Yosemite and everything went fine. I had no audio, so I used Multibeast to install the proper Realtek audio drivers. I rebooted, but now my subwoofer makes a very loud noise everytime that I turn up the volume past a certain point.

It is only happening within Yosemite, I dual-boot with Windows 8 and it is still working fine there.

It is not a major issue since I can still listen to music and videos, but I am limited when turning my speakers volume wheel past a certain point.

I really don't know whats going on, and would appreciate some help on how to fix this. I realize its a very weird, uncommon thing and it might not be related to my mackintosh, maybe the speakers are messed up, but as I said its only occurring in OS X, and I successfully installed it in the past with no such problems.

Thank you all for your help. :)

The speakers are a 5.1 set from CyberAccoustic, nothing special, a 50$ kit from a local tech shop.

My best advice for you my friend is to use USB audio interface like a cheap M-Audio Fast Track or more pricy Focusrite Scarlett 2/4. You will never have sound driver issues on Hackintosh. Otherwise, most of the drivers available are unsupported or require patch or tweaking with every new update. You will be very lucky if you get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back