Contribute
Register

Stumped with fresh Yosemite install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently,I missed the window of opportunity to obtain it, by staying on Mountain Lion too long. Only El Capitan available to me via Apple Store.

A friend shared the Yosemite installer that I'm using; I got the same image to install properly via yesterday's Unibeast attempts, but maybe it copied the installer file in with a more robust process...?

I'm downloading El Capitan now, so at least it will be an available option if I can't find another source for an uncorrupted copy of Yosemite.

Thanks again for your help.

I gave up on Yosemite and went straight to El Capitan, downloaded from the Apple Store:

Used latest version of Unibeast (6.2.0) to build my USB UEFI install with InjectNVIDIA option; installed flawlessly.

Plugged in and configured my HDMI display, which the OS currently thinks is a projector (fine for now).

Used EFI Mounter v3 to mount and copy the working EFI folder from the USB installation drive into Downloads.

Unmounted that EFI partition and mounted one on my target OSX drive; copied contents of USB EFI into the OSX EFI folder.

Ejected the USB drive and rebooted. All is working so far. Running Time Machine backup before installing the updates from the Apple Store.

I gave up on Yosemite and went straight to El Capitan, downloaded from the Apple Store:
Now you have El Capitan installed if you have any problems with it please post in the El Capitan Desktop Support forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back