Intel i7 2700K Sandy Bridge
Graphics
GeForce 210
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, All,

This is Day 3 of wading through attempts to install Yosemite on my system, which has been running Mountain Lion smoothly for the last 2-3 years; it's time to move to Yosemite due to updated driver requirements, but I'm running out of time before I need to use this system for work, so any assistance is appreciated.

System info:

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (U1n UEFI BIOS)
Intel I7-2700K (not overclocked)
16GB RAM
SSD system drive
ASUS GeForce 210

UniBeast 6.2.0 w/ UEFI option

I've applied many Boot Flag options, bios configurations, etc from the forums, installation guides, and success reports, but the system stalls during initial install attempt; status bar under Apple logo only gets to 25% before freezing and rebooting (see pics).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 121
Try disabling EIST in your BIOS settings.

I've tried the standard Optimized BIOS settings, then applying the recommended BIOS changes, disconnected all but the target UEFI SSD drive, removed all but the video card, disabled integrated Intel video on BIOS, tried Clover Boot Flags in various combinations:

dart=0 nv_disable=1 no-zp -f -v PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=4096 npci=0x2000

I've tried the standard Optimized BIOS settings, then applying the recommended BIOS changes, disconnected all but the target UEFI SSD drive, removed all but the video card, disabled integrated Intel video on BIOS, tried Clover Boot Flags in various combinations:

dart=0 nv_disable=1 no-zp -f -v PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=4096 npci=0x2000

Yes, but did you disable EIST ?

Try disabling EIST in your BIOS settings.
Ok, looking for it, but don't see an EIST setting; I have Virtualization OFF. Is it the Memory (Turbo) setting?

Page 38 of your motherboard manual :

EIST.png

Well, it didn't freeze, but simply rebooted upon hitting the same area. This was without any Boot Flags.

Thanks SO much for your help with this; I appreciate your efforts and hope that I'll have a working system soon.

Ok, I added the following Boot Flags:

dart=0 nv_disable=1 no-zp -f -v

And it worked!!! You rock, P1LGRIM!! :D

Now, on to the rest of the journey; I'll definitely post another Success Guide when I'm finished and give you due credit.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back