Graphics
HD4000, 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, when trying to boot into the Yosemite installation using unibeast it will freeze without an error message. I have attached a picture and help would be much appreciated. I have booted into the installation with the same bootflags (-v IGPlatformID=01660003 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes dart=0) dozens of times before so I'm not sure it isn't working this time. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20141025_101334.jpg
    IMG_20141025_101334.jpg
    809.2 KB · Views: 149
Try -f dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No

Thanks for the help but still no such luck.

Hi, when trying to boot into the Yosemite installation using unibeast it will freeze without an error message. I have attached a picture and help would be much appreciated. I have booted into the installation with the same bootflags (-v IGPlatformID=01660003 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes dart=0) dozens of times before so I'm not sure it isn't working this time. Thanks.

Do not use IGPlatformID. It is broken in Chimera4.

Make sure you created your USB with "Laptop Support" and without "Legacy USB"

Remove /Extra/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext
Add GenericUSBXHCI.kext to /Extra/Extensions on the USB: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3
Update VoodooPS2Controller.kext at /Extra/Extensions on the USB: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Boot with flags:
dart=0 -v

Post photo if it stops. Be patient. Booting the OS X installer is not quick.

Thanks a lot for your help, I've now successfully installed Yosemite and got WiFi working. But now I have another problem; I can only boot whilst using the -f flag. I don't know why this is and it's stopping any newer kexts i install from functioning. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your help, I've now successfully installed Yosemite and got WiFi working. But now I have another problem; I can only boot whilst using the -f flag. I don't know why this is and it's stopping any newer kexts i install from functioning. Help would be much appreciated.

Kernel cache problem. Rebuild cache, check for errors in system.log. Resolve any errors...

Kernel cache problem. Rebuild cache, check for errors in system.log. Resolve any errors...

I've rebuilt the cache which hasn't worked. I'm not sure where to start with checking the system.log could you please tell me what to do?

I've rebuilt the cache which hasn't worked. I'm not sure where to start with checking the system.log could you please tell me what to do?

You can view system.log from Console app while rebuilding cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back