Graphics
Nvidia Evga 560Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got past the iBoot part where you eject the iBoot disk and swap it for the Snow Leopard disk. Then the white-Apple screen comes up BUT there is no load circle and the icon just sits there not doing anything (left if for 40mins just to make sure). What am I doing wrong?

Specs:
Ivy Bridge Intel i7
ASUS P8vz77-Pro Mobo
16GB RAM
SDD
GeForce 560Ti card

I got past the iBoot part where you eject the iBoot disk and swap it for the Snow Leopard disk. Then the white-Apple screen comes up BUT there is no load circle and the icon just sits there not doing anything (left if for 40mins just to make sure). What am I doing wrong?

Specs:
Ivy Bridge Intel i7
ASUS P8vz77-Pro Mobo
16GB RAM
SDD
GeForce 560Ti card

tronmendous

Ok so we have a Motherboard w a Z77 chipset and a Intel i7 - I will assume that this is a Ivy Bridge CPU -

and a nVidia 560 Ti

OK the good news - the video card works marginally in OSX 10.6.X - you will have issues with that - but if you going to ML we dont care. As in ML their is more support for these Fermi GPU cards.

Ok now the bad news - both the motherboard and the CPU (assuming its a IB i7) are totally no compatable with the current Apple OSX 10.6 - Snow Leopard kernel shipped on their "retail DVD" .

You are not alone with this problem as anyone who wants to use a Z77 and a IB cpu face this problem.

Suggest you look at this tread - similar situation - and read all posts but read mine in number 6 - 2nd paragraph where it asks him do do a Google search on a specifc term. As this may help you in your Similar / exact situation.

Specs:
Ivy Bridge Intel i7
ASUS P8vz77-Pro Mobo
16GB RAM
SDD
GeForce 560Ti card

tormendous

NEW UPDATE -

We have a new iBoot cd for Ivy Bridge that supports the Ivy Bridge line of CPU's and this should allow you to get to install SL and then allow You to get to the APP store an download - make - and install a UniBeast flash Drive.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

tote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back