Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
I7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone. I plan on building a hackintosh inside a mac pro case, so I need to get a mATX motherboard. (correct me if I am wrong)

The CPU I have chosen is an i7 3770k, and the GPU a Geforce GTX 660 ti (maybe a 670 if I can squeeze a little more money in). I already have a psu, and ram, and HDD's. My only thing left is choosing a motherboard.

I'm looking for a motherboard that has at least 2 pci express x16 slots (3.0), and a few 6gbs sata connecters. The z77 chipset for overlocking the i7 3770k and, and if possible, a thunderbolt connection (I plan on having a lot of external hardrives later for video editing, so fast transfers speeds are needed), if anyone has any alternatives to thunderbolt connection when moving large amounts of data please recommend some to me. A thunderbolt connection is really necessary, but would like.

Anyone seen or know of a good mATX mobo for around $200 possibly that fits those specs?

Hello everyone. I plan on building a hackintosh inside a mac pro case, so I need to get a mATX motherboard. (correct me if I am wrong)

The CPU I have chosen is an i7 3770k, and the GPU a Geforce GTX 660 ti (maybe a 670 if I can squeeze a little more money in). I already have a psu, and ram, and HDD's. My only thing left is choosing a motherboard.

I'm looking for a motherboard that has at least 2 pci express x16 slots (3.0), and a few 6gbs sata connecters. The z77 chipset for overlocking the i7 3770k and, and if possible, a thunderbolt connection (I plan on having a lot of external hardrives later for video editing, so fast transfers speeds are needed), if anyone has any alternatives to thunderbolt connection when moving large amounts of data please recommend some to me. A thunderbolt connection is really necessary, but would like.

Anyone seen or know of a good mATX mobo for around $200 possibly that fits those specs?

For a Mac Pro case why not get a full size ATX mobo? Either the Gigabyte UD5H or the UP5-TH are great choices. TH stands
for Thunderbolt, it's got 2 ports. See them in the buyer's guide.

For a Mac Pro case why not get a full size ATX mobo? Either the Gigabyte UD5H or the UP5-TH are great choices. TH stands
for Thunderbolt, it's got 2 ports. See them in the buyer's guide.

If I am correct, aren't the mac pro case an mATX case? If not I'd totally go with a full size ATX

If I am correct, aren't the mac pro case an mATX case? If not I'd totally go with a full size ATX

Fitting an ATX board in a Mac Pro case is possible. Here's one Baja-King
did over one weekend. Depends on your level of experience / confidence in your modding skills.
Look through other User builds / Golden builds for more details on some mods.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-pro-mods/82804-mac-2009-weekend-atx-case-mod.html

FYI: the ATX standards were created by Intel in the 90's so that anyone could build their own PC from
components from different manufacturers. Apple does not conform to those standards for their desktops.
The Mac Pro isn't an ATX case but it is about 19 in. tall by 20 in. deep so with a third party Mobo tray
you can mod it to make an ATX board fit with room to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back