Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z270-A
CPU
Intel i7 7700K
Graphics
Intel HD 630
Hello,

after installing a new MultiBeast file with different settings, I keep getting that ‚stop sign‘ during boot. Is there any way to reset the MultiBeast changes?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I attached a picture of the screen in verbose.

Attachments

• F4877AD6-24C3-4858-8DB4-01F8E20C2D95.jpeg
    F4877AD6-24C3-4858-8DB4-01F8E20C2D95.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I experienced a similar issue with the Z2270

The issue appeared to be related to the fact that each port in the Z270 motherboard is USB 3.0. After reading in various other threads encouraging the use of USB 2.0 for the boot loader I grabbed a USB hub that is specifically USB 2.0. After loading the USB boot loader created by UniBeast through the USB 2.0 hub I was able to successfully get to the install screen of Sierra. I was able to reformat the internal drive.

I was able to install Sierra onto my internal HDD and boot from it. However after making adjusting some setting in MultiBeast, installing MultiBeast settings, and restarting I'm experiencing an issue where it just keeps restarting after loading 90% when showing the Apple Logo. I'm hoping it's related to the Ev0reboot.kext as described in this thread.

I've taken a break but will give the proposed solution in the linked thread above a try tonight or tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Hope this helps you out.

I experienced a similar issue with the Z2270

The issue appeared to be related to the fact that each port in the Z270 motherboard is USB 3.0. After reading in various other threads encouraging the use of USB 2.0 for the boot loader I grabbed a USB hub that is specifically USB 2.0. After loading the USB boot loader created by UniBeast through the USB 2.0 hub I was able to successfully get to the install screen of Sierra. I was able to reformat the internal drive.

I was able to install Sierra onto my internal HDD and boot from it. However after making adjusting some setting in MultiBeast, installing MultiBeast settings, and restarting I'm experiencing an issue where it just keeps restarting after loading 90% when showing the Apple Logo. I'm hoping it's related to the Ev0reboot.kext as described in this thread.

I've taken a break but will give the proposed solution in the linked thread above a try tonight or tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Hope this helps you out.
Thank you for the answer!

But I already had my rig running perfectly. The issue started after I‘ve put in a GTX 770 which also worked after changing the system definition to 14,2. The sound, however, stopped working which made me messing around with MultiBeast and caused me that issue. So the problem can‘t be related to USB 3.0 imo.

Thank you for the answer!

But I already had my rig running perfectly. The issue started after I‘ve put in a GTX 770 which also worked after changing the system definition to 14,2. The sound, however, stopped working which made me messing around with MultiBeast and caused me that issue. So the problem can‘t be related to USB 3.0 imo.
Your image shows "Still waiting for root device" which is most often seen when booting from USB - Are you ?

Your image shows "Still waiting for root device" which is most often seen when booting from USB - Are you ?
Nope, I‘m trying to boot from a M2 SSD. I got a backup on my hardrive, but get stuck when trying to boot from that aswell. Also, booting from the installation stick I used to install succesfully from gives me the same error.

Also, booting from the installation stick I used to install succesfully from gives me the same error.
In that case I would suggest that you check that your BIOS settings have not changed and maybe even a CMOS reset.

In that case I would suggest that you check that your BIOS settings have not changed and maybe even a CMOS reset.
My bios hasn‘t changed, I already checked that. But I‘ll try resetting it since I‘m really lost with this.

The boot error appeared after I messed around with MultiBeast and probably installed something I shouldn‘t. Is it possible that some kext are causing this error?

The boot error appeared after I messed around with MultiBeast and probably installed something I shouldn‘t. Is it possible that some kext are causing this error?
Only you know what you did.

Only you know what you did.
That‘s true But is it possible that some falsly installed kexts oder drivers would make the system unable to boot?

And is there something like a general thread that adresses this ‚stop sign‘-issue? Because all articles I‘ve found related to that didn‘t help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back