Motherboard
ASROCK Z170 Extreme 3
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, I have some problems on my custom iMac. Few hours ago, i installed the Sierria update 10.12.5 from 10.12.4, and then the mac reboot automatically. But it stuck during Apple Log. And I also try by this solution, but it doesn't work at all, the system was also stuck when boot. Here is my custom Mac info: Asrock Z170 extreme 3, Intel i7 6700k, 16G RAM, 256 Solid Rom, HD 530 integrated graphics(i7-6700k)
Here is a screenshot of booting with -v -x

expect your help, thanks~~ ^_^
微信图片_20170524233054.jpg

Last edited:
Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678), install the kexts (Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext), then reboot.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > *-platform-id

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678), install the kexts (Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext), then reboot.
T.T I tried to set a invalid platorm-id with 0x12345678, but i did not work. The system still stuck on boot.

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678)
Instead of:
Try:
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID

See: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-hang-on-boot-with-update-to-10-12-5.222409/#post-1511412
Greak! It works! Thanks a lot. I set the FakeID value to 0x12345678, then the system can reach the desktop. After rebooting successfully, nstall the following kexts to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast:
Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

Would you recommend the same for me with this issue? It may be something else. I'm trying to load into my macOS through a Clover USB since the Clover on my SSD with macOS is outdating, causing an Intel Injection issue. I guess should I try your fix on my old version of clover since I wouldn't be using Intel injection, but an invalid id on the Fake ID section?

Attachments

• IMG_5116.JPG
    IMG_5116.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 193
Would you recommend the same for me with this issue? It may be something else. I'm trying to load into my macOS through a Clover USB since the Clover on my SSD with macOS is outdating, causing an Intel Injection issue. I guess should I try your fix on my old version of clover since I wouldn't be using Intel injection, but an invalid id on the Fake ID section?
You can try this fix on your Clover USB and your old version of Clover.
Worst that can happen is that you are able to boot into your system ;)

Greak! It works! Thanks a lot. I set the FakeID value to 0x12345678, then the system can reach the desktop. After rebooting successfully, nstall the following kexts to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast:
Lilu.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

Hi, I had the same problem and tried this solution. I set the FakeID, reached desktop, installed the kexts and rebooted. After doing this, I now can only boot with the FakeID, which I have to set every time I boot. Is it normal?
Furthermore, once I reach desktop the graphics are really laggy and slow, so I opened the About This Mac tab and I noticed this:

sdfsdfsf.png

It says that I'm on Intel HD Graphics 530 6 MB, while before updating it was 1530 MB. I even tried to run Multibeast and reinstall the drivers for Intel Graphics 5**, but nothing changed. Any help?

Last edited:
Hi,
Have the same issue with HD 530 and 8mb vram.Moreover Lilu.kext causes KP. Reinstall of 10.12.4 does nothing as problem persists and desktop can be reched with fake id only.

Hi, I had the same problem and tried this solution. I set the FakeID, reached desktop, installed the kexts and rebooted. After doing this, I now can only boot with the FakeID, which I have to set every time I boot. Is it normal?
Furthermore, once I reach desktop the graphics are really laggy and slow, so I opened the About This Mac tab and I noticed this:

View attachment 258556

It says that I'm on Intel HD Graphics 530 6 MB, while before updating it was 1530 MB. I even tried to run Multibeast and reinstall the drivers for Intel Graphics 5**, but nothing changed. Any help?
At first, make sure you have install Lilu.kext IntelGraphicsFixup.kext successfully with KextBeast after you reach the desktop! It's important for KextBeast that kexts should be placed on desktop!
And My MotherBoard is Asrock Extreme 3, i have set integrated graphics: Share Memory: Auto, not the value 128M recommended during installing.(For Asrock BIOS setting, Share Memory can be found by [Advanced / Chipset Configuration:]-[Share Memory])

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back