Contribute
Register

stuck on mach reboot on dell xps 13 9350

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried that, it is still not working it crashes at the end of phase 1. Maybe there is somethings missing in my clover folder but I can't figure it out.

With your hardware and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, you will likely need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. It is missing from drivers64UEFI.
You could also try AptioMemoryFix.efi (no need for EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in that case).
Also, SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is missing from Clover/kexts/Other.
And config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust=true is missing.

Details here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

With your hardware and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, you will likely need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. It is missing from drivers64UEFI.
You could also try AptioMemoryFix.efi (no need for EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in that case).
Also, SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is missing from Clover/kexts/Other.
And config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust=true is missing.

Details here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
I've done what you said but again, same issue. At the end of phase 1 the screen become black and nothing happen, when rebooting and continuing the installation it fail at the beginning.

I've done what you said but again, same issue. At the end of phase 1 the screen become black and nothing happen, when rebooting and continuing the installation it fail at the beginning.

At the end of phase 1 (for 10.13), the computer reboots and you run the installer again from the partition on the HDD.
Make sure you take careful note of the options available to you in Clover.

At the end of phase 1 (for 10.13), the computer reboots and you run the installer again from the partition on the HDD.
Make sure you take careful note of the options available to you in Clover.
The screen become black at the end of phase 1 and doesn't reboot, should I wait ?
When running the installer again shouldn't I boot macos install ?
What do you mean by the option available in clover ?
Thanks for your help

The screen become black at the end of phase 1 and doesn't reboot, should I wait ?

Yes... you should probably wait.
And if there is an issue, you must provide problem reporting files.

When running the installer again shouldn't I boot macos install ?

Yes, but first time it is from USB, second time it is from HDD/SSD.

What do you mean by the option available in clover ?

Above...

Yes... you should probably wait.
And if there is an issue, you must provide problem reporting files.

Yes, but first time it is from USB, second time it is from HDD/SSD.

Above...
I've waited for more than 1 hours, and nothing happened. To be more precise, at the end of phase 1 the screen turned off and a few minutes later the fans started to turn very fast. I wasn't able to read what verbose mode said since the screen stayed on for less than 1 second.

I think that the computer cannot shut down by itself.

Last edited:
I've waited for more than 1 hours, and nothing happened. To be more precise, at the end of phase 1 the screen turned off and a few minutes later the fans started to turn very fast. I wasn't able to read what verbose mode said since the screen stayed on for less than 1 second.

I think that the computer cannot shut down by itself.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
I downloaded it from an imac and built it on it too.
I attached my clover folder after pressing f2 and f4 like the guide said.

You are not using my build of Clover.
And you're not using the kexts linked by my guide...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back