Contribute
Register

stuck on mach reboot on dell xps 13 9350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save ACPI patching for post-install.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

No need to drop MATS. Correct fix is config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=true.
I've fixed with fixheader=true but it is still the same issue, when you say that acpi is for post install what should i delete from my clover folder ? can I make a clean install from your guide than change the clover folder from with the one i have ? thanks for helping

after following your guide, and succesfully booting the installer, the installer shutdown just before the end of phase 1, when you said that the 1 minute remaining would take a long time, it juste end here. so when I reboot, the installation fail and it shows me the installer log

Attachments

• Installer Log 29-Jan-2018.txt
    131.3 KB · Views: 191
after following your guide, and succesfully booting the installer, the installer shutdown just before the end of phase 1, when you said that the 1 minute remaining would take a long time, it juste end here. so when I reboot, the installation fail and it shows me the installer log

Post #2 of the guide covers the phases of installation in detail.
Make sure you read it carefully.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Post #2 of the guide covers the phases of installation in detail.
Make sure you read it carefully.
So I followed your guide from scratch and only yours, I successfully booted the installer, and at the beginning of phase 2, it stops. I'm trying to dual boot while preserving my windows partition so maybe that's what is wrong. I attached my clover file and the installer log, could you please take a look ?
Thanks for your help

Attachments

• Installer Log 31-Jan-2018.txt
    131.3 KB · Views: 136
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
So I followed your guide from scratch and only yours, I successfully booted the installer, and at the beginning of phase 2, it stops. I'm trying to dual boot while preserving my windows partition so maybe that's what is wrong. I attached my clover file and the installer log, could you please take a look ?
Thanks for your help

Repartition your disk completely as per guide.
You can install Windows later.
Trying to preserve existing Windows installs is tricky and should be only attempted by experts.

Repartition your disk completely as per guide.
You can install Windows later.
Trying to preserve existing Windows installs is tricky and should be only attempted by experts.
I deleted my windows partition, same issue, at the end of phase one instead of rebooting the screen become black. Also in your guide you said that it will stay a long time at 1 minute remaining but it isn't the case.

I deleted my windows partition, same issue, at the end of phase one instead of rebooting the screen become black. Also in your guide you said that it will stay a long time at 1 minute remaining but it isn't the case.

Must re-partition, not just delete the Windows partition.

The phases of installation vary depending on which version you are installing.
Make sure you read carefully:

What do you mean by repartitionning ? I created a new one from the installer isn't it enough ?

Select the disk itself in Disk Utility and repartition the entire disk as GPT with a single macOS (HFS+J) partition.

Select the disk itself in Disk Utility and repartition the entire disk as GPT with a single macOS (HFS+J) partition.
I've tried that, it is still not working it crashes at the end of phase 1. Maybe there is somethings missing in my clover folder but I can't figure it out.

Attachments

• Installer Log 1-Feb-2018.txt
    130.1 KB · Views: 138
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back