Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So i've used iBoot and have gotten to the Mac OSX language selection screen. The problem is, i can't get past it. My mouse won't function, and neither will my keyboard. I can see the cursor, however i can't move it. Maybe it has freezed, but i'm not 100% sure. I've tried setting BIOS to default, as well as removing my Graphics Card. Below are my rigs specs.

CPU: I7-4790k 4.0ghz
GPU: Evga GTX 660 2GB
Motherboard: MSI Z97M Gaming Motherboard Micro ATX
RAM: 2 x 2GB GSkill Ripjaws Series
RAM: 2 x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws Series
PSU: Seasonic 1000 Watt Platinum Edition
HDD: Seagate 3TB 7200rpm Hard Drive

I also have an SSD which currently houses Windows 8.1, and I can use it in this PC

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first hackintosh, so I'm fairly new to this. Thanks!

Make sure you are using iBoot Haswell
Connect KB & M to the 2 ports next to the PS/2 port
In UEFI make sure legacy USB is enabled

I had everything set the way you said. Still no luck. Same exact result :/

Did you ever solve this?

EDIT: Never mind, solved this minutes after I posted this. I pulled out every other drive except the one I was installing to and it finally continued. I think this shows the problem is that the installer takes issue with how your disk drives may be partitioned/configured.

Last edited:
pushing it ... im trying to set up a "new" old snow leopard rig and am still hanging on the language selection screen, whilst USB devices are not energized at that point. so i cant choose or go to the next step.

i have only an SSD, DVD and Mouse/KB connected. No graphicscard etc.

Gigabyte Z87n-wifi
8GB Ram
Intel Celeron G1820

until now im not booting with any bootflag, but will try so in next few minutes.

i appreciate any help though :wave:

*edit: i loaded once more default settings in bios, now its working... still going onwards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back