Motherboard
HP 14-ce0988nl
CPU
i5-8250U/200 Series
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, I'm up and running with Sierra on my Prime Z-270P with i5-7400 and Nvidia GTX1050. All ok with Sierra, as I said, but if I try to install HS in verbose I can see it stops at <Kextd stall(0), (240s): 'APPLEACPICPU'>
I tried fiscally uninstalling my GTX, using integrated card and disabling INJECT, then I tried adding MATS in ACPI in config.plist but without success.
Could someone help me to solve it? Is there maybe a problem with KabyLake cpu?
I could stay on Sierra but I would like to update because if I use "photo" I got error with the pictures I took with my iPhone, it says that I need to update in order to be able to see the pics in full resolution...
Thanks in advance and sorry for my English :p

Hi guys, I'm up and running with Sierra on my Prime Z-270P with i5-7400 and Nvidia GTX1050. All ok with Sierra, as I said, but if I try to install HS in verbose I can see it stops at <Kextd stall(0), (240s): 'APPLEACPICPU'>
I tried fiscally uninstalling my GTX, using integrated card and disabling INJECT, then I tried adding MATS in ACPI in config.plist but without success.
Could someone help me to solve it? Is there maybe a problem with KabyLake cpu?
I could stay on Sierra but I would like to update because if I use "photo" I got error with the pictures I took with my iPhone, it says that I need to update in order to be able to see the pics in full resolution...
Thanks in advance and sorry for my English :p

if I try to install HS in verbose I can see it stops at <Kextd stall(0), (240s): 'APPLEACPICPU'>
  • Upload Compressed "CLOVER" folder from the Installer disk as a compressed file to this Forum.
  • If your iPhone needs a software update , please perform it and then take clear photos of problem Verbose boot screens to upload and share to help us provide you the best advice based on evidence rather than guess based on what you think is the problem.

All ok with Sierra, as I said, but if I try to install HS in verbose I can see it stops at <Kextd stall(0), (240s): 'APPLEACPICPU'>
Move FakeSMC.kext and all other kexts from "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13" folder to "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" folder.
then I tried adding MATS in ACPI in config.plist but without success.
Try:
config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders_20000000=true

thanks guys, this my EFI folder.
I'll reboot later and I'll take a photo of problem in verbose mode.
I tried your second trick BreBo (fix headers) without success

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.7 MB · Views: 115
thanks guys, this my EFI folder.
I'll reboot later and I'll take a photo of problem in verbose mode.
I tried your second trick BreBo (fix headers) without success
  • I have checked your CLOVER folder contents to find a cause for the current problem .
  • I have uploaded a screen shot of /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other screen opened in CCV with my editing to show what needs to be done.
    • Delete the numbered folders 10.6 to 10.12 . They are unnecessary clutter serving no purpose.
    • To the "Other" folder, Copy and Paste the latest "FakeSMC.kext" from RehabMan Bucket https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-1017.zip
    • Add your Ethernet kext to the Other.
    • Depending upon which of the 2 Graphics you are using, you will need to add additional kexts [ you can decide that later when you face booting problem and upload Screen shots for help or read about the requirements for your Nvidia and Intel HD Graphics in High Sierra from the Forum posts and make changes in your system]
  • There are other deficiencies in config.plist sections.
    • When you upload screen shots of any problem boot screen, someone can help you at each stage by asking you to edit config.plist to overcome the problem.

Attachments

• EFI:CLOVER:kexts:Other _NO FakeSMC .png
    EFI:CLOVER:kexts:Other _NO FakeSMC .png
    66.3 KB · Views: 310
Thank you very much cmn699, i was able to boot and the update to HS started. now at boot i’m stuck here.

Attachments

• 2CDDA16D-A45C-47C9-B888-4C5DFBF695C9.jpeg
    2CDDA16D-A45C-47C9-B888-4C5DFBF695C9.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Thank you very much cmn699, i was able to boot and the update to HS started. now at boot i’m stuck here.
  • I don't see any Boot disk icon in your Clover Boot Manager screen. I don't know why
  • To figure out what is happening:-
    • Force shut down your computer.
    • Restart and press your Hotkey for Boot Menu Screen [I guess it is F8 for Asus] to find the listed devices there.
    • Take a Photo of the Boot Device selection screen (to upload to Forum)
    • Select the Installer disk icon to enter Clover boot Manager (CBM) Screen
    • Take a Photo of CBM screen showing icons
    • Upload taken images to Forum

• I don't see any Boot disk icon in your Clover Boot Manager screen. I don't know why
  • To figure out what is happening:-
    • Force shut down your computer.
    • Restart and press your Hotkey for Boot Menu Screen [I guess it is F8 for Asus] to find the listed devices there.
    • Take a Photo of the Boot Device selection screen (to upload to Forum)
    • Select the Installer disk icon to enter Clover boot Manager (CBM) Screen
    • Take a Photo of CBM screen showing icons
    • Upload taken images to Forum

1) ok
2) ok
3) picture is attached
4)i tried both ZTC options (the other is a bluray drive)
5) same situation as before: no boot disk icons, same picture with clover logo
6) ok

Attachments

• 3A552025-BB4A-4B3E-B6CD-4AA84914ECBC.jpeg
    3A552025-BB4A-4B3E-B6CD-4AA84914ECBC.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 142
1) ok
2) ok
3) picture is attached
4)i tried both ZTC options (the other is a bluray drive)
5) same situation as before: no boot disk icons, same picture with clover logo
6) ok

The uploaded image raises more question than answers! [edited image uploaded]

In your initial post #1 you stated
  • If this is from a straight upgrade of a previous Sierra with downloaded macOS high Sierra installer file from Application folder:
    • there should be two icons in the CBM screen : The "High Sierra Installer icon" and prior "Sierra System disk" icon during the initial reboot.
    • Later it can have the new High Sierra Disk + Recovery Disk icons along with the "high Sierra Installer" icon
    • Final reboot screen will have (normally) NO high Sierra Installer icon; only High Sierra System + Recovery disk icons

• If this is a Clean install using a "High Sierra USB installer Flash Disk",
    • The F-8 screen and CBM screen should show the USB installer icon only
  • Following the formatting of SSD and macOS installation has started, the first reboot in 8 minutes will show in CBM USB installer icon + High Sierra System disk icon.
  • Please confirm what type of High Sierra Upgrade is going on and how many reboots have already occurred when the above screen shots are uploaded.

Attachments

• Asus F-8 Boot menu.png
    Asus F-8 Boot menu.png
    419.8 KB · Views: 123
I downloaded HS from store then i launch the app from Applications folder. The System rebooted and i found the HS drives. I choose it and the update started. I was able to see my disk and to set it. At the end of the install the System rebooted and this is what i get: the Clover boot screen with no drives to choose. It was not a fresh install but an update from Sierra to High sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back