1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
First time Hackintosh (and first build for that matter) and I cannot get it working. I have read and followed multiple Golden Builds (Slugnet, Ultrazone and Gabedamien’s) and my experience is different from theirs. I have done 4 separate attempts at installing and am just not getting it. My son installed Win 7 on it after the first two attempts and immediately was up and running. Frustrating to say the least. My goal is to run FCPX and ProTools on this machine.

I used the CustoMac Build:
Intel Core i7-3770
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair 650 Watt Modular
EVGA GTX 670
SanDisk Extreme SDSSDX-120G-G25
3 Seagates ST31000524AS
BD COMBO LG|UH12NS29
(and added Rosewill 74-In-1 3.5-Inch Internal Card Reader with USB Port 3.0 (RDCR-11003) )

owned
Reclaimed Dell Poweredge 830 case
Dell E156FP 15” LCD, Dell 2405 FPW, Sony SDM-P232W monitors
Apple Keyboard
Apple/Dell/Logitech G300 Mice
Legal copy of Mac OSX 10.8.2

Mobo Bios is F14 from factory, board rev. 1.1. I have changed the settings according to Slugnet’s and Ultrazone’s suggestions)

I have the Rosewill connected to the USB3 2/F connector on the mobo (below the bank of SATA connectors) and have Unibeast loaded onto an SD card in it. This has generally been problem free.

The problems:

I started by following http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html to the letter.

I have never been able to get past macx_swapon: success! with the GTX 670 installed. Safeboot has been my only recourse and hasn’t consistently worked.

With the GTX 670 removed I still only get basic graphics on the 23” Sony (1920x1200 native) displaying at 1024 x 768. The AppStore refuses to recognize the built in HD4000 and will not allow me to download/install FCPX. I don’t believe OpenCL has ever worked. (Dashboard doesn’t give me fancy “waves” when starting new widgets, but neither does it on my MacbookPro Geforce 9400M running 10.8.3)

An odd thing: early on OSX gave me the message that the RAM, 2 8 gig sticks, should be in the middle slots and not the first two per Gigabyte’s instructions. We changed them out and OSX hasn’t bothered us with that message since.

The last time around I got both cards going but again, only in Safeboot. I also had disconnected the seagates and the bluray.

I am not conversant or comfortable in terminal. I don’t know how to get to the logs of my startup failures. I have torn apart a Mac SE, PPC Macs, G4 Macs, iMacs of different flavors and Powerbooks/Macbooks.

I have searched the forums on all the issues I list below (and the smaller ones which I don’t). I have been trying for over two weeks so far.

This machine is fully functioning in Windows 7.

I have downloaded KextWizard and repaired disk permissions after each run of Multibeast.

I have a big video edit coming up and would like to have this machine working…

Any help deeply appreciated. -- DMW

This morning I started again...Reinstalling 5th time:

no boot arguments: stalls with Rainbow wheel of death! (left spinning 5 minutes)

-v: same! mouse will move it! (note: Previous Shutdown Cause: -128) left spin 1 minute

GraphicsEnabler=No -v: same! mouse will move it! (note: Previous Shutdown Cause: -128) left spin 1 minute

Last printed line on last two attempts: ALXEthernet: Ethernet address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (real numbers or letters though)

GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x: success!

Erased SSD Mac partition with Disk Utility, GUID setting verified, start install, success: 8-10 minutes

Restart: Select SSD: GraphicsEnabler=No -v (last line: AppleIntelE1000e(Info): Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx/Tx) No SWOD. I can hit enter and cause the cursor block to go down a line. Will give it 5 minutes. No good.

restart: GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x: Success!

Multibeast download: DSDT free install, Realtek Audio w/o DSDT ALC898, Disk 3rd Party SATA, Network: Atheros and Intel, Boot Options: GraphicsEnabler=No, Instant Menu = Yes Installed successfully.

restart: No boot arguments: 90 seconds in, still a spinning light thing under the apple logo: cpu fan has become stable… wait for 5 min total: restarting in verbose mode. SUCCESS! HD4000 still not seeing Dell 1920x1200 monitor resolution, only displays 1024x768.

Shutdown. Install GTX 670. Connect two large monitors via DVI cables. Attach 15”Dell to VGA on Intel Graphics.

Restart. Spinning thingy, not beach ball. minutes…

restart: -v: stuck at
macx_swapon SUCCESS
AppleIntelE1000e(Info): Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx/Tx

5 minutes… shut down, go to work.

My son reconnected drives, disconnected 15” Dell… vtd issue. Went into bios and disabled VTD

disconnected drives

npci=0x3000 -v: screen goes dark after 10 seconds

npci=0x3000 -v -f -F: goes through all the normal verbose stuff, goes dark on the fly, not sure what last line is…

PCIRootUID=0 -v: screen dark in 5 seconds or less, unsure of where it was…

-v -x: goes through all the normal verbose stuff, goes dark on the fly, not sure what last line is…

npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -x: goes through all the normal verbose stuff, goes dark on the fly, but the last line was macx_swapon SUCCESS

multiple more tries, but any and all combinations do not work. Any help appreciated.

:banghead:

Bump/Edit Please help!

First time Hackintosh (and first build for that matter) and I cannot get it working. I have read and followed multiple Golden Builds (Slugnet, Ultrazone and Gabedamien’s) and my experience is different from theirs. I have done 4 separate attempts at installing and am just not getting it. My son installed Win 7 on it after the first two attempts and immediately was up and running. Frustrating to say the least. My goal is to run FCPX and ProTools on this machine.

I used the CustoMac Build:
Intel Core i7-3770
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair 650 Watt Modular
EVGA GTX 670
SanDisk Extreme SDSSDX-120G-G25
3 Seagates ST31000524AS
BD COMBO LG|UH12NS29
(and added Rosewill 74-In-1 3.5-Inch Internal Card Reader with USB Port 3.0 (RDCR-11003) )

owned
Reclaimed Dell Poweredge 830 case
Dell E156FP 15” LCD, Dell 2405 FPW, Sony SDM-P232W monitors
Apple Keyboard
Apple/Dell/Logitech G300 Mice
Legal copy of Mac OSX 10.8.2

Mobo Bios is F14 from factory, board rev. 1.1. I have changed the settings according to Slugnet’s and Ultrazone’s suggestions)

Loaded with issues 10.8.2 w/o GTX 670 installed, but HD4000 never really supported (1024 x768 only)

After adding card I cannot get to boot under any circumstances:

npci=0x3000 -v -f -F: goes through all the normal verbose stuff, goes dark on the fly, not sure what last line is…

PCIRootUID=0 -v: screen dark in 5 seconds or less, unsure of where it was…

-v -x: goes through all the normal verbose stuff, goes dark on the fly, not sure what last line is…

npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 -v -x: goes through all the normal verbose stuff, goes dark on the fly, but the last line was macx_swapon SUCCESS

multiple more tries, but any and all combinations do not work. Any help appreciated.

In the verbose mode I found this to be listed, moved it to the trash, and I'm going!

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

I also had to download Nvidia's drivers for the GTX 670, but all is working, including FCPX. Haven't installed ProTools yet...but I do have standard audio. More later...:D

Two FCPX jobs in the can, all in all running stable. ProTools 8 locked and loaded using divi 002 firewire to mobo port. iDVD project was frustrating, but that's iDVD.

Overall very happy. One thing I lack, though really not needed... no Intel Graphics at all. Maybe when I get the last project iDVD burned I will update to 10.8.3 and see what happens...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back