CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My computer was working perfectly on 10.14.2, so I didn't think I would encounter any problems on updating to 10.14.3 seeing as many people didn't encounter any problems at all.

I started the update by updating these kexts: (Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, AppleALC.kext) and then ran the latest Apple system update. Upon restarting my computer went into a boot loop – I tried picking different Mac loaders from the clover screen, but it just simply looped every time. Any suggestions on what I might be able to do to get up and running again?

My computer was working perfectly on 10.14.2, so I didn't think I would encounter any problems on updating to 10.14.3 seeing as many people didn't encounter any problems at all.

I started the update by updating these kexts: (Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, AppleALC.kext) and then ran the latest Apple system update. Upon restarting my computer went into a boot loop – I tried picking different Mac loaders from the clover screen, but it just simply looped every time. Any suggestions on what I might be able to do to get up and running again?

– I tried picking different Mac loaders from the clover screen, but it just simply looped every time

• Once you reach Clover Boot Manager(CBM) Screen (often wrongly called 'CLOVER screen') , scroll down to Options >Boot Args: and take a Photo for upload to Forum.
  • Return to CBM screen and Take Pictures of all currently seen icons by moving the cursor to highlight each to read its label on the photo.
  • Press Space Bar and in the Options screen, click and create √
    • [√] Verbose (-v)
    • [√] debug=0x100
    • [√]keepsyms=1
  • Return to CBM and boot and take pictures of Verbose screen that stops.
  • Upload all images taken

Hi cmn699 – thank you for the very thorough reply. I've attached screenshots just as you asked for each bulletpoint. For the second bulletpoint instead of uploading 8 small screenshots, here's what was listed under each icon from left to right:
  1. Boot Microsoft EFI Boot from EFI
  2. Boot Microsoft EFI Boot from EFI (this is the one I use to boot into Windows)
  3. Boot File Vault Prebooter from Preboot
  4. Boot Mac OS Install Prebooter from Preboot
  5. Boot Mac OS Install from Milla
  6. Boot Mac OS from Milla
  7. Boot Windows from
  8. Boot Windows from
When I booted up, the screen scrolled very fast and only paused briefly, I took a quick shot of that too for your perusal.

I can't thank you enough for your kind help!

Attachments

• 01-CBM-Screen.jpg
    01-CBM-Screen.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 02-Options-BootArguments.jpg
    02-Options-BootArguments.jpg
    788.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 03-Options-Spacebar.jpg
    03-Options-Spacebar.jpg
    902.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 04-Verbose.jpg
    04-Verbose.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
Hi cmn699 – thank you for the very thorough reply. I've attached screenshots just as you asked for each bulletpoint. For the second bulletpoint instead of uploading 8 small screenshots, here's what was listed under each icon from left to right:
  2. Boot Microsoft EFI Boot from EFI (this is the one I use to boot into Windows)
  7. Boot Windows from
  8. Boot Windows from
When I booted up, the screen scrolled very fast and only paused briefly, I took a quick shot of that too for your perusal.

7. Boot Windows from
  8. Boot Windows from

• Looking at your CBM screen shot I find both Windows and MacOS icons . MaCOS is in APFS format and the CLOVER/config.plist _Gui_Hide Volumes could have been made a little better to reduce the the presence of unneeded icons causing confusion.
    • Are you booting Windows from a Separate Disk? I presume so for this troubleshoot
  • The Verbose boot screen you could capture with the checked options to freeze the screen did not give any clear and convincing clue to select a troubleshoot step. But the reference to "FakePCIID" seems to suggest the CLOVER has an issue.
My suggestions:
  • Shut Down the Computer.
  • Disconnect the Power or SATA Data Cable from the Windows Disk and any other SATA Disk
  • Try rebooting the MacOS Mojave Disk as First boot Device.
  • Press the Hotkey for Boot Menu Screen ( selecting Boot Disks before CBM screen) and choose the macOS UEFI Disk to enter CBM screen
  • Get a new Screen shot to see current Icons
  • Go to GraphicsInjector-> Screen and get a screen shot
  • Boot the disk with the same Flags used in previous boot from the Options screen.
  • Take a picture of Verbose boot screen if it also crashes.
  • If it crashes then your option is to see if editing CLOVER through Windows is possible by reconnecting Windows disk and booting to Windows desktop to access EFI of Mojave Disk.
  • My gut feeling is that you might have corrupted the Mojave and may need reinstall; but that is only after this last ditch effort to salvage.

Attachments

• 1.FakePCIID.png
    1.FakePCIID.png
    520.1 KB · Views: 54
Here's some more screenshots for troubleshooting. Yes, I didn't boot into Windows very often but it was on a separate SSD. My Mac install is on a Samsung 970 500GB M2 and for this round that was all I had connected. I didn't get a picture through my RX580 video card so I had to try this through the onboard video on the motherboard.

Here are the
  2. Boot FileVault Prebooter from Pre-boot
  3. Boot Mac OS Install Prebooter from Preboot
  4. Boot MacOS Install from Milla
  5. BOOT MacOS form Milla
I chose the same options as before but It froze up at the point of the screenshot and didn't go further. Editing Clover through Windows sounds like a scary proposition and I wouldn't know the first thing to do. Looks like a re-install of Mojave might be in order. (Lucky me, I had all my docs backed up!)

Attachments

• 05-CBM.jpg
    05-CBM.jpg
    669.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 06-GraphicsInjector.jpg
    06-GraphicsInjector.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
  • 07-Options.jpg
    07-Options.jpg
    935.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 08-stuck.jpg
    08-stuck.jpg