Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I'm trying to get snow leopard on my computer. My specs are a 2.33 GHz core2 Quad and an ATI 5770 on a stock HP no brand motherboard. I started with an HP e9107c and replaced the PSU and gfx card. I'm using the standard iBoot + multibeast tutorial and have done every step thus far except for setting my HPET to 64bit because my bios has no option for anything like that. When I try and boot my snow leopard disk from iBoot I just get the apple logo and a spinning loading wheel, I've left it for over half an hour and tried safe mode.....help? Please excuse any spelling and grammar errors, as I've written this on my iphone. Thanks.

EDIT: I booted with -x -v and got this:
Photo Feb 27, 10 27 05 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Feb 27, 10 27 05 AM.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 196
marksest said:
So I'm trying to get snow leapord on my computer. My specs are a 2.33 GHz core2 Quad and an ATI 5770 on a stock HP no brand motherboard. I started wih an HP e9107c and replaced the PSU and gfx card. I'm using the standard iBoot + multibeast tutorial and have done evey step thus far except for setting my HPET to 64bit because my bios has no option for anything like that. When I try and boot my snow leapord disk from iBoot I just get the apple logo and a spinning loading wheel, I've left it for over half an hour and tried safe mode.....help? Please excuse any spelling and grammar errors, as I've written this on my iphone. Thanks.

had also this problem on my laptop but on my desktop it works fine.

just boot with iBoot disc and it'll be fine :)

JasonTechie said:
marksest said:
So I'm trying to get snow leapord on my computer. My specs are a 2.33 GHz core2 Quad and an ATI 5770 on a stock HP no brand motherboard. I started wih an HP e9107c and replaced the PSU and gfx card. I'm using the standard iBoot + multibeast tutorial and have done evey step thus far except for setting my HPET to 64bit because my bios has no option for anything like that. When I try and boot my snow leapord disk from iBoot I just get the apple logo and a spinning loading wheel, I've left it for over half an hour and tried safe mode.....help? Please excuse any spelling and grammar errors, as I've written this on my iphone. Thanks.

had also this problem on my laptop but on my desktop it works fine.

just boot with iBoot disc and it'll be fine :)

I can't, I haven't installed Snow Leopard yet, I get this while trying to install.

marksest said:
So I'm trying to get snow leopard on my computer. My specs are a 2.33 GHz core2 Quad and an ATI 5770 on a stock HP no brand motherboard. I started with an HP e9107c and replaced the PSU and gfx card. I'm using the standard iBoot + multibeast tutorial and have done every step thus far except for setting my HPET to 64bit because my bios has no option for anything like that. When I try and boot my snow leopard disk from iBoot I just get the apple logo and a spinning loading wheel, I've left it for over half an hour and tried safe mode.....help? Please excuse any spelling and grammar errors, as I've written this on my iphone. Thanks.

EDIT: I booted with -x -v and got this:

Did you try PciRoot=1? You might want to try that also as -v PciRoot=1.

I have a similar problem, I can only boot from the cd iBoot from the hard disk is impossible

arielito23 said:
I have a similar problem, I can only boot from the cd iBoot from the hard disk is impossible

Did you do a combo update and then use MultiBeast to patch it so you don't have to use iBoot to boot?

I managed to get the install to work by booting with -x PCIRootUID=1 but every time i turn on my computer i need to start iBoot with PCIRootUID= 1, I am currently installing multibeast and iBoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back