Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 950 WindForce 2 OC 2GB DDR5
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

after reading a lot (sure not enough) I'm still getting stuck with the Apple logo and the progress bar. I know the motherboard is not listed as compatible, but I was hoping to build a hackintosh with it.

First I tried with the Geforce GTX 950 WindForce installed but now I'm trying without it but with no results yet. I'm attaching a pic of what i see when i try the verbose mode. IMG_2502 is first try and IMG_2507 is after disabling serial port in BIOS.

More info: I couldn't find the "Load Optimized Defaults" while setting BIOS parameters.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Attachments

• IMG_2502.jpg
    IMG_2502.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2507.jpg
    IMG_2507.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Finally I could install OS X El Capitan but only after setting USB Ownership:

At Clover boot screen -> Options -> PCI Devices -> USB Ownership: [X]

Now I just need to set it permanent (still wondering how), because I need to do it every time I start/restart.

By the way, when i chose spanish as language wether using Unibeast or installing OS X or using Multibeast i got errors and had problems, so it's better to install and configure everything in english. I guess I'll be able to switch to spanish when everything will be stable and ok.

Is the permanent setting issue solved? I am about to attempt such a build myself.

Yes it is, there are several posts talking about how to use Multibeast to fix it.

Isn't this board not compatible with DDR5? although all the RAM shown in the June 2016 recommended list is either a really low DDR3 or a very high DDR5. I don't see any DDR4 compatibility which is what this board needs from my understanding. Im also planning on using this motherboard with a 6th gen Intel core i-7 6700k for OS X El Capitan if its possible but I'm still looking into it.

For any that have completed this build

What are (if there are any) the issues that are still needing to be fixed

ex: no restart/sleep, graphics card bottleneck, etc.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any mention to DDR5 anywhere but in graphic cards, so I'm not sure I understand your question about it. You can only mount DDR4 RAM in this board (as well as most boards for last intel processors).
About my build, I still need to fix the sound, but I'm not much into it because I have other priorities right now.

Yes it is, there are several posts talking about how to use Multibeast to fix it.

It seems that clover configurator is the place to change that setting, I couldn't find how to do it with MultiBeast. But I just mounted the EFI partition and edited the existing config.plist file with TextEdit, changing "<key>FixOwnership</key><false/>" to "<key>FixOwnership</key><true/>".

It seems that clover configurator is the place to change that setting, I couldn't find how to do it with MultiBeast. But I just mounted the EFI partition and edited the existing config.plist file with TextEdit, changing "<key>FixOwnership</key><false/>" to "<key>FixOwnership</key><true/>".

Thank you for this insight. I have nearly the same build... edited .plist file... resetting to test now. :)

I have almost the same components as you Poppins, same motherboard, processor etc and can't even load Clover? When I select USB with installation nothing happens? Tried both Sierra and Yosemite install guides? Can you give me some advice how you did it, what could be the problem, motherboard? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back