CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630, 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been trying to Hackintosh my AsusPro laptop (hardware details on the left, under my Profile). I followed RehabMan's guide with his fork of Clover (and his HD620 config.plist file) to make the Installer thumb drive (see attached EFI zip file).

I tried booting with Verbose mode, and it moves a bit too fast for me to understand where is the problem, and then the Apple logo appears with the progress bar. That's where it gets stuck. Check attached Verbose screenshots.

Since I can't even reach Disk Utility or don't have a working macOS installation, I don't know how I can provide error reporting files.

I've been searching the forums for days, the only thing that came close to my problem, is another thread with a Dell laptop, that also had only USB-C type ports (I can confirm from Windows Device Manager it is listed as Intel XHCI USB 3.0), and it was suggested that adding to Kexts/other folder the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext solved his problem. Unfortunately it didn't for me.

I must also mention that I kept the Windows installation (I shrink the partition to make room for macOS, so I can dual-boot. It was already partitioned as GPT, with an EFI partition of over 200MB, so I just thought if I make a second partition as exFAT, I'd be able to install).

So can someone shed some light on this? Is creating an SSDT for USBs be of help? Can I do the port discovery thing through Windows somehow?
Will deleting my Windows partition help? Did I do anything wrong with the USB Installer? (It's a USB 2.0 16GB thumb drive by the way, tried using 2 different USB-C to USB-A type dongles).

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• efi.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 62
  • verbose screenshots.zip
    67.9 MB · Views: 132
I've been trying to Hackintosh my AsusPro laptop (hardware details on the left, under my Profile). I followed RehabMan's guide with his fork of Clover (and his HD620 config.plist file) to make the Installer thumb drive (see attached EFI zip file).

I tried booting with Verbose mode, and it moves a bit too fast for me to understand where is the problem, and then the Apple logo appears with the progress bar. That's where it gets stuck. Check attached Verbose screenshots.

Since I can't even reach Disk Utility or don't have a working macOS installation, I don't know how I can provide error reporting files.

I've been searching the forums for days, the only thing that came close to my problem, is another thread with a Dell laptop, that also had only USB-C type ports (I can confirm from Windows Device Manager it is listed as Intel XHCI USB 3.0), and it was suggested that adding to Kexts/other folder the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext solved his problem. Unfortunately it didn't for me.

I must also mention that I kept the Windows installation (I shrink the partition to make room for macOS, so I can dual-boot. It was already partitioned as GPT, with an EFI partition of over 200MB, so I just thought if I make a second partition as exFAT, I'd be able to install).

So can someone shed some light on this? Is creating an SSDT for USBs be of help? Can I do the port discovery thing through Windows somehow?
Will deleting my Windows partition help? Did I do anything wrong with the USB Installer? (It's a USB 2.0 16GB thumb drive by the way, tried using 2 different USB-C to USB-A type dongles).

Thanks in advance.
booting the installer is not quick

try all ports on your machine, sandisk are good usb sticks to use

you can only do port discovery after you have installed macOS

try using Rehabman's version of clover

Thank you for your quick reply.

booting the installer is not quick
Yes, I am aware of that. I even tried leaving it for more than 8 hours. Still stuck.

try all ports on your machine, sandisk are good usb sticks to use
Already tried both USB-C ports (don't have any other port to try). This USB stick always worked fine on my Desktop Build.

you can only do port discovery after you have installed macOS
Thank you for this info.

try using Rehabman's version of clover
That's the version I use, as stated above.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, I am aware of that. I even tried leaving it for more than 8 hours. Still stuck.

Already tried both USB-C ports (don't have any other port to try). This USB stick always worked fine on my Desktop Build.

Thank you for this info.

That's the version I use, as stated above.
maybe a different usb hub you can use? only have experience installing using a usb2.0 port

maybe a different usb hub you can use? only have experience installing using a usb2.0 port

Thanks again for all your help.

So in Verbose mode, I see this "failed to attach ports 16, 17, 18". I added the port limit patch and USBInjectAll.kext but still getting the error.

Using the Asus USB-C dongle that came with the laptop (that has an HDMI, USB-C and USB-A ports) doesn't even get me as far as Disk Utility.

Using a USB-C to USB-A adapter (hence only one physical port on that one), and making sure I don't connect the USB-C charger, gets me halfway through installation at least, but it gets stuck on a different place (Install macOS screen, with the round desert icon / window).

I'm gonna try another USB thumb drive, but if that fails, I'm running out of ideas.

Hi TravelerTechie,
I has the same laptop AsusPro B9440UA as yours, but my CPU is i7-7500U.
I succeed install 10.14.3 (I install 10.13.6 succeed also). I just try reboot the computer and boot installer again and again with nothing changed, and then reach the installer UI with Disk Utility.
BUT! after installation completed, when I try to reboot into the hackintosh, it's get stuck..., I can't get into the system!!!

Attachments

• 1551014211923.png
    1551014211923.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
Hi TravelerTechie,
I has the same laptop AsusPro B9440UA as yours, but my CPU is i7-7500U.
I succeed install 10.14.3 (I install 10.13.6 succeed also). I just try reboot the computer and boot installer again and again with nothing changed, and then reach the installer UI with Disk Utility.
BUT! after installation completed, when I try to reboot into the hackintosh, it's get stuck..., I can't get into the system!!!
Same here. I took out the M.2 SSD drive, and installed successfully Mojave 10.14.3 by plugging it on my PC. Installed proper kexts, Clover and config.plist for my laptop, and made sure it was booting successfully.

But then when I connected the SSD back to my laptop, it was again stuck during boot up on Apple logo with the progress bar. Again, it just passes Verbose mode real quick and gets stuck AFTER at the apple logo, so couldn’t see any errors there.

I’ve pretty much given up. It’s an i5 laptop, and I’m in the process of giving my Hackintosh Desktop to my husband for his video editing, so I’m gonna be in the market for a more powerful laptop that can handle video editing, as well as my music production.

A real Macbook Pro would be nice, but it’s way too expensive. Perhaps a Dell XPS 15 9570 and just Hackintosh that. I will try to see if they have a guide here for it.

Good luck with your efforts. Sorry I couldn’t be of much help. My desktop build was easy-peasy compared to this. I’ve tried everything!

Same here. I took out the M.2 SSD drive, and installed successfully Mojave 10.14.3 by plugging it on my PC. Installed proper kexts, Clover and config.plist for my laptop, and made sure it was booting successfully.

But then when I connected the SSD back to my laptop, it was again stuck during boot up on Apple logo with the progress bar. Again, it just passes Verbose mode real quick and gets stuck AFTER at the apple logo, so couldn’t see any errors there.

I’ve pretty much given up. It’s an i5 laptop, and I’m in the process of giving my Hackintosh Desktop to my husband for his video editing, so I’m gonna be in the market for a more powerful laptop that can handle video editing, as well as my music production.

A real Macbook Pro would be nice, but it’s way too expensive. Perhaps a Dell XPS 15 9570 and just Hackintosh that. I will try to see if they have a guide here for it.

Good luck with your efforts. Sorry I couldn’t be of much help. My desktop build was easy-peasy compared to this. I’ve tried everything!
There are too few tutorials about this laptop, I'm sad to heard that you will give up. May be someone will try hackintosh for this laptop. Now I have to waiting for good news :)

There are too few tutorials about this laptop
Same here.

For ASUSPro B9440UA / B9448UA this is the working solution so far. Still in process of polishing and getting additional services to work. Some useful utilities are also included.

Sound works 100%, screen brightness adjustment works 100% in Control Panel and halfway using Fn keys. Battery stats work via iStatMenu, sleep works (sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0). For wifi you will need a wifi dongle or a very tiny original apple module.
The problems with booting were apparently due to CPU cores getting out of sync. Got it fixed by installing a relevant kext.

You will need to know how to install EFI onto the hard drive. Use the BootIce utility under Windows to change the default boot record.
Good luck!

The following was made for AsusPro B9440UA i7-7500U 16Gb RAM configuration.

EFI: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/LVww/CJtMYzctT

Utilities: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2boo/twPb8RSZJ

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3 MB · Views: 56
  • Utilities.zip
    57 MB · Views: 161
For ASUSPro B9440UA / B9448UA this is the working solution so far. Still in process of polishing and getting additional services to work. Some useful utilities are also included.

Sound works 100%, screen brightness adjustment works 100% in Control Panel and halfway using Fn keys. Battery stats work via iStatMenu, sleep works (sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0). For wifi you will need a wifi dongle or a very tiny original apple module.
The problems with booting were apparently due to CPU cores getting out of sync. Got it fixed by installing a relevant kext.

You will need to know how to install EFI onto the hard drive. Use the BootIce utility under Windows to change the default boot record.
Good luck!

EFI: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/LVww/CJtMYzctT

Utilities: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2boo/twPb8RSZJ
upload your files here please. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back