Xeon E5-2697v4
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all!

I just upgraded to El Capitan using UniBeast with Clover in UEFI mode and had it running great. While figuring out my audio, graphics and general boot args I occasionally could not boot and would get stuck at the apple logo. I usually got passed it by booting with the USB drive and changing an argument in Clover configurator, but now I can't get past the apple logo without the USB drive. This warning shows up a lot in -v:

ATHR: unknown locale: 21

And now it hangs on that every time if I don't boot from USB. I've seen lots of info on the web that this could be related to wi-fi. Not sure how to proceed, any ideas?

20151024_164417.jpg

System is as listed below my avatar.

After some research, someone with way experience than me said that the wifi issue wouldn't prevent booting. So I pulled the wifi card to see what errors could be hidden. After doing so I noticed "waiting for DSMOS" without "DSMOS has arrived".

Any ideas how I can check my FakeSMC installation without being able to boot? I have a macbook pro and my USB drive, the USB drive wont boot either. Thanks in advance!

Solved my own problem. Got the SSD out of my system and plugged it into my mbp and ran a permissions repair on it. Also found that the config.plist was missing in the EFI... weird. Put my backup config file there and was able to boot from the USB once the SSD was back in the my system. After booting, I reinstalled FakeSMC, repaired permissions again and rebuilt the cache with DPCIManager. Now successful boot every time. I'm a little concerned that this will pop up again as I don't understand the original cause of all this, but I guess I'll just take the same steps if it does.

Hopefully this proves helpful to someone else down the line... If you have a Unkown locale: 21, it probably has nothing to do with the real problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back