Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Hoping someone can help me out.

I had an old GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard (i7-3770 and an NVIDIA GTX 1070 on high sierra) that crapped out on me last week, so I decided to upgrade and start a new build. I now have a z390 designare board and an i9-9900k, but am having trouble booting into High Sierra. My SSD was undamaged so I figured I could just plug it into the new machine, boot into High Sierra, see what apps I use that are 32 bit, back-up everything that wasn't backed up, and then do a clean install of Catalina with my new GPU.

It's not happening and I'm getting the image below in verbose mode. Unsupported CPU? My SMBIOS is an iMac 14,2 but this problem is a little beyond my pay grade. I had Time Machine connected when the machine crashed, but I'd like to get into OSX just to make sure I have everything I need before doing the clean install.

Is it worth the headache or can it be an easy fix. I read somewhere that it might have to do with the FAKESMC kext, but I'm not sure how to mess with config file without logging into clover config.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_215902.jpg
    IMG_20200321_215902.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 33
Clearly the problem is due to the FakeSMC sensors.
Remove them, they are unnecessary for an OS install.

Your FakeSMC.kext is old and should be updated.

Appreciate the help. Anyway to do this through the clover boot screen? Can you point me to a thread that shows how to do this? Thanks

any update on this @P1LGRIM ? Not sure how to remove and update the kext through terminal. Thanks

I see post number #2, not sure how to remove them. I was asking if you knew of a thread you can direct me to.

I was asking if you knew of a thread you can direct me to.
I have never had cause to look for one, you could try the forum Search tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back