Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I have successfully installed High Sierra on a ASUS H81i-plus motherboard with an i3 CPU. The CPU has the Intel HD 4400 integrated. Everything works (after driver installations with Multibeast) except the gfx and when I edit the config.plist file with Clover Configurator (latest version) to change the gpu id and reboots I always get stuck on the black screen with the Apple logo. It seems like no matter what change I make in Clover Configurator I end up in this state. What am I missing?

First rule of thumb is, always always always save a copy of your working config before editing. Mount the EFI, navigate to the config, and duplicate it in the finder, and probably rename it like "config-working.plist". That way, in clover, you can go to the options menu and select it (over the default named config.plist). Then you can happily edit config.plist and if something goes wrong, just reboot and select "config-working.plist" to get back in.

Apologies if you already do that.

It seems highly unlikely that ANY change you make in clover configurator is breaking your build. You can use a file compare tool (p4merge is just one of many free options) to see what the actual differences are, and of course you have boot.log which clover configurator can generate for you to see what sort of error might be occurring (and use -v as a clover boot option).

So, go back to your working config, and then make one change at a time, understanding why you are making that change, e.g., what problem you are trying to fix. If the change breaks the build, go back to your working copy and try a different approach to solving whatever problem you're trying to solve.

As far as the GPU, as far as I know, Intel HD 4xxx are native in 10.12.6+, with only setting inject intel true. Maybe someone will tell us different. To get multiple monitors going, or higher that 1080p resolutions, may require something additional. Again, try removing any changes (gpu id, etc), just set inject intel true, and see what boot.log or -v tells you.

@wirretheman, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Ah, sorry about that @BreBo Fixed.
@aol Thanks for the reply. I do have copies of the plist file to revert to, so testing is not a problem. I also read that support for this GPU should be native, and I do have "Inject Intel" selected. The about this mac box says 1,5 GB video memory, so that is correct, but the graphics is glitchy. I also tried the Fix Intel option with Multibeast, but that did not make any visible change. I'll try the verbose option tomorrow. Thanks for now.

Btw, I also tried to install 10.12 Sierra (with the exact same setup), to see if this was High Sierra specific, but I have exactly the same issue there.

Have you tried easyres or one of the resolution utilities? Glitchy graphics is pretty broad. macOS on hackintoshes can be really dumb about available color depths and resolutions, and it's possible you need a third party utility to set the display properties. Switchresx is another, they have a free 10 day demo I think. Like on my 6850 I had to use a utility to reduce the color depth to millions. On my UHD display I had to use a utility to set the resolution to greater than 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back