Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Looking for any advice anyone might have.

Got everything going using the following setup from this link:

:ch: Prepare the UniBeast USB thumb drive in accordance with the tonymacx86 Installation Guide for Yosemite, Steps 1-2;
:ch: Download and put MultiBeast for Yosemite on the UniBeast thumb drive.
:ch: Power down the computer;
:ch: Disconnect all drives except for the drive onto which Yosemite will be installed;
:ch: Connect you monitor to either the DVI or HMDI Back Panel connector; and
:ch: Put the UniBeast USB thumb drive in an USB 2.0 socket on the motherboard Back Panel.

BIOS Set-up
Rather than clutter up this guide, I won't show a lot of BIOS screen snapshots, just the actual BIOS parameters that I changed to start the Installation of Yosemite.

:ch: Boot into the BIOS by holding down the DELETE key on your keyboard's numeric keypad. (Also see Step 3 in the tonymacx86x 10.9 Yosemite Installation Guide.)
:ch: Load the Optimized Defaults (F7);
:ch: M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings > X.M.P. > Profile 1 for memory not recognized with the Default setting;
:ch: BIOS Features > Boot Options Priorities <--- set this to the UniBeast USB thumb drive
:ch: BIOS Features > VT-d > Disable <--- for non K processors and the new Haswell Refresh "K" and non "K" processors
:ch: Peripherals > Initial Display Output > IGFX <--- make sure on-board graphics is enabled
:ch: Peripherals > Intel Processor Graphics > Enable <--- likewise, make sure this is enabled
:ch: Peripherals > XHCI Mode > Auto <--- Smart Auto gives you problems with USB peripherals
:ch: Peripherals > EHCI Hand-off > Enable
:ch: Power Management > Wake on LAN > Disable
:ch: Save & Exit > Save & Exit Setup (and the computer will reboot
Pulled the grfx card out to use onboard grfx. I only have one ssd drive installed
Was able to install yosemite on my ssd.
Went to reboot and I'm getting stuck on the apple boot screen and this pops up:

I, admittedly, am a bit clueless about kext and boot so any advice would be welcome. Thanks a lot! :)

Attachments

• IMG_6887.jpg
    IMG_6887.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 165
Why do you have a MacBookPro8,1 System Definition ?

I suspect it's because you made the wrong USB selection when you made your Unibeast Drive.

I was able to boot into my system once the very fist time I restarted. I ran multibeast and then on restart I got stuck here.

I followed this guide for making the usb drive

You have neither so why did you select one (or both) ?

Obviously a noob mistake. That was the guide I found so I used it. What would you suggest I follow? I been reading about clover but haven't yet had a chance to try it. Any advice you have would be appreciated. :)

Obviously a noob mistake. That was the guide I found so I used it. What would you suggest I follow? I been reading about clover but haven't yet had a chance to try it. Any advice you have would be appreciated. :)

The guide is correct, you just have to actually follow the instructions.

I followed that guide as well but did not work because it's a general guide. There are so many factors what is you BIOS are you using F8? Also make sure you double check your BIOS settings to match mine that was one of my issues.

Make sure to do this -

Check in "
M.I.T > Advanced Frequency Settings > Advanced CPU Core Settings"

Disable "Intel Turbo Boost Technology" & "C6/C7 Sate Support"

Try boot after disabling Turbo Boost on BIOS if it is enabled.

While installing multibeast select the option "10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback" and check (Not required if Turboboot disabling is resolving the boot issues)

BIOS setting - there was more but the once that are blank I deleted because I did not have.

BIOS settings
1. Set Boot Mode to Legacy/CSM Enabled
2. Disable Secure Boot
3. Disable Fast Boot

5. Set OS Type as Other OS
6. Disable VT-D
8. Set Graphics Card as your Primary Video Adapter, Disable Internal Graphics
9. Set SATA Mode as AHCI

11. Enable USB Legacy Support
12. Set xHCI mode as AUTO (Not SMART Auto)
13. Set xHCI Hand-Off as Enabled
14. Enable the EHCI Hand-off

17. Set XMP Profile 1

Awesome! Thanks for the advice. I"ll try that as soon as I gt a chance and post results.

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back