4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Plus
  3. Power Mac
  4. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I'm building a music production machine and have stuck to the recommended parts list with the addition of an NVMe drive. I did get Mojave to install (system rebooted easily a dozen times in the process, but it eventually went in).

Here's my parts list:
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
Core i9-9900K
Corsair H60 (Water)
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (64GB)
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe Series 500GB M.2 PCI-Express 3.0
Corsair RM 650x Watt
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB

I'm not sure about two things: motherboard settings (there are a bajillion of them on this board) and MultiBeast settings for this build. I can't get it to boot automatically. I am thinking I should wipe the drive and start over. Any suggestions? Is it the NVMe drive that's causing the hiccups? I have other SSD drives and can make one of the the boot drive if that's the issue...

Thanks,
Robert

Not a Desktop Guide - Moved to Desktop Support.

I created a new USB install, wiped the target drive and started over. I was largely successful following nⓩxtMac Pro's install guide.

The machine only rebooted twice during Mojave installation (as opposed to 12 times on previous install), and everything seems a lot more solid. Everything seems to be working, the boot-loader loads Mojave. iMessage works with no intervention. USB ports are extremely noisey, so I'll have to try to figure out that one, but for the most part, I'm up and running :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back