Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD3H
CPU
I5-2500K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I started my hackintosh with Lion, my original BIOS(F12), installed with minimal problems and loaded and worked perfectly for 10 months or so. All of a sudden, my ethernet was malfunctioning (possibly due to unrelated hackintosh issues, perhaps normal networking issues that I couldn't figure out), so I decided (out of desperation) to finally get around to updating to Mountain Lion. I read in the ML installation guide that ML didn't agree with Radeon 6xxx graphics cards, so I figured out how to change my BIOS to UEFI, attempted to use the onboard graphics and then proceeded with my installation. Getting to the installation screen was no problem at all, maneuvered through the installation, restarted then kernel panic. Kernel panic, with any or all of the recommended boot flags. Obviously not being as experienced as other users, I do not know how to read a kernel panic (or a verbose mode load), nor do I know how to address it. I have followed all of the directions and guides as I can find and in my troubleshooting I have been scouring the forums but I haven't come up with a solution yet.

If someone could please show me some direction in this, it would be greatly appreciated. Below are my specifications, please let me know if there is any more information I can provide.

mobo: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev1.3) UEFI U1L
cpu: intel core i5 2500K
graphics: sapphire radeon 6870
ram: 16GB (4x4)
HDMI > flat screen tv

Thank you,
ethan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back