Contribute
Register

Stuck just after PCI Configuration End, not sure where to turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2695 V4
Graphics
2x RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hello there. Basically what the title says. I've attached my currently used EFI. I have perfect boot on Catalina but need to move to Monterey. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Happy to share any other files that may be needed.
I've read through the open core guide and the troubleshooting and given everything there a shot; nothing seems to solve this.

Specs are an Asus X99 Deluxe with a Xeon E5-2695v4 CPU. Had a perfect working setup on my old MSI X99 board, that EFI is also attached so you guys can have a look and see if I'm missing something...

Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 28
  • EFI-MSI.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 22
Some quick questions:
  • Which version of OpenCore are you using on Asus?
  • Which version of OpenCore on MSI?
  • Is Monterey installed on MSI?
  • Is Monterey already installed on Asus, or is the macOS installer getting stuck after PCI configuration ends?

Some quick questions:
  • Which version of OpenCore are you using on Asus?
  • Which version of OpenCore on MSI?
  • Is Monterey installed on MSI?
  • Is Monterey already installed on Asus, or is the macOS installer getting stuck after PCI configuration ends?
- attempting to use OC 0.8.3, unsuccessful so far.
- OC 0.8.2 was used on the MSI.
- macOS Monterey was installed and working perfectly on the MSI, I just switched to the asus for better PCIe lanes and Thunderbolt support.
- Monterey gets stuck on the installer after PCI Configuration ends, just as the sensors start to detect stuff in the system. If I leave the Thunderbolt card enabled and in, it initialises that too but gets stuck from there. Removing some of the sensor Kexts this is the output from one of my latest boot attempts.

Attachments

• F1DAF053-7FAD-4DC4-A9A1-875FEE0946FE.jpeg
    F1DAF053-7FAD-4DC4-A9A1-875FEE0946FE.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 20
Are you using Broadcom WiFi/BT module or on-board Intel module? If Broadcom, what is the make/model? Is it a Fenvi FV-T919 or FV-HB1200?

Are you using Broadcom WiFi/BT module or on-board Intel module? If Broadcom, what is the make/model? Is it a Fenvi FV-T919 or FV-HB1200?
using a genuine Apple wifi card, a BCM94360CS I think. Installed into an adaptor and plugged into a PCIe slot. Haven’t had issues with it before though. Should I try it in another PCIE slot?

using a genuine Apple wifi card, a BCM94360CS I think. Installed into an adaptor and plugged into a PCIe slot. Haven’t had issues with it before though. Should I try it in another PCIE slot?
That card should be fine where it is. Is BluetoolFixup.kext installed and enabled? I’m not at my computer at the moment, so haven’t downloaded the EFI folder.

That card should be fine where it is. Is BluetoolFixup.kext installed and enabled? I’m not at my computer at the moment, so haven’t downloaded the EFI folder.
BlueToolFixUp is not included no; it shouldnt need to be since it’s a genuine apple wifi/BT card right?
EDIT:
Just checked and bluetoolfixup is not needed for BCM94360CS.

BlueToolFixUp is not included no; it shouldnt need to be since it’s a genuine apple wifi/BT card right?
EDIT:
Just checked and bluetoolfixup is not needed for BCM94360CS.
I would suggest process of elimination by removing the WiFi/BT card and trying again.

Low Priority (i.e. most likely not responsible for Monterey boot issue):
  • slide=128 in boot arguments. Is this necessary?
  • Three MMIO Whitelist entries. Are they necessary?

That card should be fine where it is. Is BluetoolFixup.kext installed and enabled? I’m not at my computer at the moment, so haven’t downloaded the EFI folde
I would suggest process of elimination by removing the WiFi/BT card and trying again.

Low Priority (i.e. most likely not responsible for Monterey boot issue):
  • slide=128 in boot arguments. Is this necessary?
  • Three MMIO Whitelist entries. Are they necessary?
I’ll remove it and see if it does anything. Might be best to boot with minimal devices..
As for both of those things listed at the end, those are likely leftovers from testing to see whether they did anything. I’m gonna remove them when I remake a fresh installation disk and EFI. I was also thinking of attempting to boot without HPET, since it’s not mentioned as nescessary in the Opencore guide. With your experience with X99 systems, specifically Asus boards, what are your thoughts on that?
I’ll make sure to send through the efi once it’s done in an hour or so

So hello there again.
I had the time to rework my entire EFI and make it more streamlined. Unfortunately, I am still getting to the same spot. Attached are my new streamlined EFI and an image of where I get stuck.

Attachments

• EFI-7.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 27
  • tempImageCSUE6B.png
    tempImageCSUE6B.png
    14.6 MB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back