Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
CPU
Intel i5 4690k
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 1060
Hello,
this is my first attempt to get a hackintosh running, so I hope that I am not doing too much "noob"-mistakes ;).

System:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
CPU: Intel i5 4690k
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 1060
RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 RAM

Problem:
While installing High Sierra with respect to this guide:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/ I encountered the problem, that while booting with Clover the first time I got stuck at the the Apple Logo. Booting in verbose mode I get stuck at the error "Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds" which you can see in Image1.JPG.
In Image2.JPG you can see other error-messages I get before getting stuck. I am not sure if those are relevant.

UEFI settings:

1. Fast Boot: Disabled
  2. VT-d: Disabled
  3. Windows 8/10 Features: Other OS
  4. XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
  5. EHCI Hand-off: Enabled
Trouble shooting:
After reading though some forum entries, the most common fix for problems of this kind were to use the internal graphics of the CPU. So I changed the "Initial Display Output" in my UEFI to "IGFX" and put the HDMI cable into the MOBO-slot and ran CLOVER again for Intel-graphics. This did not fix the problem.
I am also booting with nv_disable=1, since this was a common suggestion (even though I don't understand what this would change when I use the integrated graphics anyways).

You can also find my EFI/CLOVER folder in the attachments.

I hope this is enough information for you to help me with my problem. Thanks!!

Attachments

• hackintosh_troubleshooting.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 90
Two folks on this thread and someone else on another thread appear to all be having the exact same problem, which suggests some fundamental issue. The folks on this thread have a 9 series and a 10 series board, and the other fellow has an 8 series board. Would love to get this one figured out.

@radium42 the things that stand out to me are, 22 disks (??!?), and boy that is a lot of launchd errors that you typically don't see. but your efi looks totally fine, the typical Unibeast vanilla config.

Let's check some assumptions:
1. BIOS: you did a 'load optimized defaults', then selected the stuff you indicated? On top of that yes let's use the IGPU for now, so you want to disable (remove power from) or remove your discrete GPU, and in the BIOS set the IGFX enabled and primary with >= 64MB VRAM prealloc. Typically you also want to go into the memory section and load "profile 1" (at least on GA boards) so that it sees the right memory frequency. The SATA drives need to be in AHCI mode (and not IDE, in case the BIOS has that option)
2. usb stick: you built it using the latest unibeast, on a working Mac with a 5.* GB "Install macOS High Sierra" application in /Applications (e.g. from a Sierra 10.12.6 machine or a HS machine), following a guide which first completely wipes the stick (your EFI look ok though)
3. hardware: you unplugged all drives inside the machine except the drive you want to install on. you plugged the usb stick into a USB 2 port on the back of the machine, hit F12 during boot to boot from the usb stick, and at the clover boot screen selected something like "install macOS High Sierra from <usb stick>" It may be worth it to try a different usb stick.

Barring that it may be something wonky about your board. Look in the subforums for a guide for your board to see if there's anything specific you need to be aware of. The config you uploaded drops the MATS table, but your board may have other tables to drop or other stuff you need to clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back