Gigabyte X99 - ULTRA GAMING
CPU
Intel I7 6900k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1060 8gb
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I'm a newbie in this. I bought a custom computer and tried to update the operating system to mojave, now when I try to boot from clover, the system gives an error and restarts constantly.

I downloaded and created a new bootable device with unibeast uefi, but when I chose to load the installation boot, the system crashes on the Apple logo screen.

I have been looking for similar cases without result.

Can someone help me with this? I'll be very grateful

Thanks in advance

You are wasting your time with Mojave.
There are as yet no Nvidia drivers for Pascal graphics.

You are wasting your time with Mojave.
There are as yet no Nvidia drivers for Pascal graphics.

Thank you for your quick response. So I guess I should install ¿High sierra? but I think that I made something wrong because when I try to boot from my old system, the systems response with a panic and restarts. So I don't know how to solve this...

Thank you for your quick response. So I guess I should install ¿High sierra? but I think that I made something wrong because when I try to boot from my old system, the systems response with a panic and restarts. So I don't know how to solve this...
In your original post you did not mention what Operating System you had in that computer .
You said
I bought a custom computer and tried to update the operating system to mojave, now when I try to boot from clover, the system gives an error and restarts constantly.
Your current post is equally vague
So I guess I should install ¿High sierra? but I think that I made something wrong because when I try to boot from my old system, the systems response with a panic and restarts. So I don't know how to solve this...
The only useful information from your post is the Listed Hardware in your profile.

That hardware shows your Intel CPU has NO Integrated Graphics
The listed Nvidia GTX 1060 is NOT supported in macOS Mojave but with Nvidia Webdrivers will work OK in macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

If you have problem booting attach the BIOS screen shots used for the boot and CLOVER from the disk as a zipped file.

The steps to upload BIOS screen shots can be found here: #33
To upload CLOVER use the bulleted steps from here: #4

EHCI Hand-off should be Enabled.

Enabled, but the poblem persists... when I try to start the installer, the screen stucks with the apple logo

The existing/previous boot with the old configuration restarts the computer automatically

Hi,

Thank you for your assistance. Here you have the clover and the bios images.

• What is the Operating System on your Kingston 240 GB SSD that is the First Boot device in your BIOS?
  • I did not find any UEFI USB Installer Disk in your BIOS _Boot Option Priorities List
  • You have your Mojave Unsupported Nvidia GTX 1060 in your Peripherals _Initial Display Output.
    • With Nvidia GTX 1060 with the above BIOS setup, you can only install MacOS High Sierra and NOT Mojave
    • To Install Mojave you need a PCIE card that is supported.
    • Generally Most current Nvidia Cards are NOT supported in Mojave
    • Generally, most current AMD Radeon Cards are Supported in Mojave
  • I have edited and uploaded your BIOS screens showing problems.

Attachments

• 1.BIOS_System OK.png
    1.BIOS_System OK.png
    373.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 2.BIOS_Chiopset_SATA Controller Config..png
    2.BIOS_Chiopset_SATA Controller Config..png
    381.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 3.BIOS_Boot Option Priorities.png
    3.BIOS_Boot Option Priorities.png
    426 KB · Views: 36
  • 4.BIOS_Peripherals.png
    4.BIOS_Peripherals.png
    400.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 5.BIOS_Power..png
    5.BIOS_Power..png
    394 KB · Views: 43
  • What is the Operating System on your Kingston 240 GB SSD that is the First Boot device in your BIOS?
  • I did not find any UEFI USB Installer Disk in your BIOS _Boot Option Priorities List
  • You have your Mojave Unsupported Nvidia GTX 1060 in your Peripherals _Initial Display Output.
    • With Nvidia GTX 1060 with the above BIOS setup, you can only install MacOS High Sierra and NOT Mojave
    • To Install Mojave you need a PCIE card that is supported.
    • Generally Most current Nvidia Cards are NOT supported in Mojave
    • Generally, most current AMD Radeon Cards are Supported in Mojave
  • I have edited and uploaded your BIOS screens showing problems.

Thank you Cmn699

Now I have the usb plugged. I have a uefi usb installer with high sierra but when I try to start the installer a "forbidden" sign appears.

I have this other system which came by default when I bought the device. (see image) But it doesn't run... appears a kernel panic an restarts automatically. So I guess that I should run the installer, format both partitions and start with a fresh new installation ¿right?

Attachments

• IMG_5930.jpg
    IMG_5930.jpg
    24.7 MB · Views: 25
Clover 4114 is quite old, consider updating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back