Contribute
Register

Stuck for days installing Ventura

I think you need to revisit your BIOS settings because the previous EFI Folder I sent you (not your uploaded own) was sourced from a machine with identical specs to yours and should have been good enough to get you up and running.
I'm uploading photos of my BIOS settings(sorry for the bad quality).
I don't think the problem is from my BIOS settings but if anyone spot any mistakes please let me know.

Attachments

• BIOS Settings.zip
    21.5 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Don't know if or how much this will help but in the BIOS, change 'Launch CSM' to Disabled. Remember you must clean NvRAM each time you try something new before booting, this action removes any latent settings of previous from the memory.

Don't know if or how much this will help but in the BIOS, change 'Launch CSM' to Disabled. Remember you must clean NvRAM each time you try something new before booting, this action removes any latent settings of previous from the memory.
Disabling Launch CSM didn't change anything.
Tried random EFI folder from github with almost the same specs also without success.
I made a new EFI folder from scratch, formated the USB drive even tried Monterey to see if it will make a difference but no. Attaching photo from the last moment in verbose before crash and Opencore log. I'm in a deadway now.

Attachments

• IMG_E1750.JPG
    IMG_E1750.JPG
    369.1 KB · Views: 14
  • opencore-2023-02-26-191354.txt
    256 KB · Views: 15
In the config.plist under Misc/SecureBootModel, change this setting from Default to Disabled and see if the result is better.
Forgot to mention but i tried that too.
This is the new EFI folder. Everything in it is downloaded from Dortania's guide.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 18
I've updated some outdated files and kexts in your EFI Folder for you, I don't know if it will make a difference but try the attached EFI Folder.
Tried it, unfortunately without success. No matter how many different things i tried the problem seems to be the same every time.

Try this, this EFI was created by using ocat database for kaby_lake cpu, and added USBToolBox.kext and UTBmap.kext from ur EFI. Good Luck! Opencore 0.8.9.
Thanks for taking the time to make the EFI folder.
I was unable to boot it before I changed SecureBootModel from Default to Disabled.
This time after selecting Opencore.dmg it showed apple logo with loading bar, but around 5% of the whole bar crashed again (I saw that you didn't add any boot args thats why it didnt show verbose). Opencore did not report any crash logs.

(I saw that you didn't add any boot args thats why it didnt show verbose). Opencore did not report any crash logs.
Hi if you don't know how to, I have added to boot-args Verbose Boot into the config.plist of the EFI Folder that @Dajirish sent you so you can see and understand the panic.

I have also updated the kext files as when I check, they were old. The OC version I also updated to 0.9.0 so now you can try and see if the changes make a difference, plus you can see any panics the machine throws up. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 50
Back