Motherboard
ASUS VIII Formula
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hey guys i'm trying to install fresh sierra on my ssd unfortunately after booting i'm stuck with distorted apple logo before installation screen take note i do have broken el capitan installed on my ssd thanks which when booting -v it gives me error cannot mount root error = 19

Attachments

• 15034055_1819907118288701_2147164885_o.jpg
    15034055_1819907118288701_2147164885_o.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
It looks like there is some file system error in your macOS Sierra System SSD.
You may try this and see if it can fix it:

From Clover boot menu press space bar.
From the Option choose Single User Mode [-s boot flag] and -v
When you reach the command prompt type the following command and ENTER
/sbin/fsck -fy

You will see series of File system checks and if everything is fixed you should see your macOSSierra "Volume appears to be OK"
Then at the Prompt type the command >reboot [Return]
Hopefully your disk is repaired and you can boot.
Otherwise reinstall may be the only option.
Good luck

It looks like there is some file system error in your macOS Sierra System SSD.
You may try this and see if it can fix it:

From Clover boot menu press space bar.
From the Option choose Single User Mode [-s boot flag] and -v
When you reach the command prompt type the following command and ENTER
/sbin/fsck -fy

You will see series of File system checks and if everything is fixed you should see your macOSSierra "Volume appears to be OK"
Then at the Prompt type the command >reboot [Return]
Hopefully your disk is repaired and you can boot.
Otherwise reinstall may be the only option.
Good luck

you mean EL Capitan right? mac os sierra is on my external usb which i'm trying to make an fresh install while i do have broken EL Capitan on my ssd.

i will try this when i got home this may fixed the error cannot mount root error = 19? thank you so much for the reply appreciate it! :)

When you wrote in your initial post
hey guys i'm trying to install fresh sierra on my ssd

I thought you were trying to install macOS Sierra on an Internal SSD drive using a macOS Sierra USB installer Flash drive .

mac os sierra is on my external usb which i'm trying to make an fresh install
Are you saying that is your USB Flash drive Sierra Installer? did you mean that you have not installed Sierra on the Internal SDD yet?
Did you mean you have a corrupt non-bootable el Capitan System on an Internal SSD which you wanted to erase and install Sierra with the Sierra USB Installer?

So the disk that produced the Mount error 19 is your non bootable el capitan SSD and Not the Sierra Installer, RT?

In that case I want to know if the el Capitan was installed with Clover as the Bootloader. If it has Clover Bootloader, you can use the Sierra -Clover USB Installer to get to Clover BooT Manager screen and boot it in Single User Mode and Verbose mode (-s -v) and run the Command I showed to correct file system on your el Capitan System disk as you guessed .

I am sorry I had hard time understanding clearly the problem you presented in the initial post.

I thought you were trying to install macOS Sierra on an Internal SSD drive using a macOS Sierra USB installer Flash drive .

i'm also trying this one because i can't fixed my EL Capitan on my SSD :(

Are you saying that is your USB Flash drive Sierra Installer? did you mean that you have not installed Sierra on the Internal SDD yet?

yes i have usb flash drive with sierra installer on it and i don't have sierra installed on my internal ssd it's a broken el capitan that stuck with prohibited sign when boot

Did you mean you have a corrupt non-bootable el Capitan System on an Internal SSD which you wanted to erase and install Sierra with the Sierra USB Installer?

yes that's my last resort if only i can fixed my el capitan :(

So the disk that produced the Mount error 19 is your non bootable el capitan SSD and Not then Sierra Installer, RT?

yes when i boot it verbose mode with flag -v that's the error showing up

In that case I want to know if the el Capitan was installed with Clover as the Bootloader. If it has Clover Bootloader, you can use the Sierra -Clover USB Installer to get to Clover BooT Manager screen and boot it in Single User Mode and Verbose mode (-s -v) and run the Command I showed to correct file system on your el Capitan System disk as you guessed .

yes i'm using clover as boot loader on my broken el capitan noted i will try to do it when i got home im in the office right now. thank you so much again i really appreciate it and sorry for not explaining my problem clearly

Good luck. I really wish to see you get at least one system fully working so that you can go on to create Sierra on a second Disk.
PS> if you have equal sized or bigger disks lying around it is a good idea to clone a healthy system using CLONEZILLA ( linux Cloning Freeware that can Clone Linux/Windows/Mac sector by sector to a new disk of same or bigger size in a very short time.
http://clonezilla.org/downloads/download.php?branch=stable

Are you using a displayport connection for your monitor?

If so, turn it off and back on and see if that fixes it.

We have a similar issue with Iris 6100 CPUs and 4k monitors over displayport on the Intel NUC, but it's only a problem during the initial boot. After turning the monitor off and back on, everything works fine (including sleep and wake from sleep).

Good luck. I really wish to see you get at least one system fully working so that you can go on to create Sierra on a second Disk.
PS> if you have equal sized or bigger disks lying around it is a good idea to clone a healthy system using CLONEZILLA ( linux Cloning Freeware that can Clone Linux/Windows/Mac sector by sector to a new disk of same or bigger size in a very short time.
http://clonezilla.org/downloads/download.php?branch=stable

thanks i follow what you instruct the "Volumes to be appeared" show and after rebooting i'm now stuck with grey screen with spinning cursor, can i use the clover boot loader of sierra to fix my el capitan?

Are you using a displayport connection for your monitor?

If so, turn it off and back on and see if that fixes it.

We have a similar issue with Iris 6100 CPUs and 4k monitors over displayport on the Intel NUC, but it's only a problem during the initial boot. After turning the monitor off and back on, everything works fine (including sleep and wake from sleep).

i already tried no luck i'm using display port tho and 1440p monitor i'm now using hdmi

thanks i follow what you instruct the "Volumes to be appeared" show and after rebooting i'm now stuck with grey screen with spinning cursor, can i use the clover boot loader of sierra to fix my el capitan?

i already tried no luck i'm using display port tho and 1440p monitor i'm now using hdmi

The last hurdle seems to be a problem with your Intel HD 530 Video card.
When you booted the ailing el Capitan System HD to do its System File checking and repair command, did you use an el Capitan USB Installer or the Sierra USB installer to reach the Clover Boot screen and then at the command Prompt to run the command?

One thing you can try, but it may be a long shot, is to boot again with the USB Installer.
At the Clover Boot Manager screen point to your el Capitan
Then Press Space bar once
See you get a chance to boot without injected kext or without cache and see if that will help. The premise behind this approach is that you might have injected the 'wrong Video kext' preventing the system to reach the log on screen and desktop. This is a guess.

The last hurdle seems to be a problem with your Intel HD 530 Video card.
When you booted the ailing el Capitan System HD to do its System File checking and repair command, did you use an el Capitan USB Installer or the Sierra USB installer to reach the Clover Boot screen and then at the command Prompt to run the command?

i can't boot my broken el capitan with arguments that you gave me -s -v, it still give me the error, i can only boot the installer which i run the script, yesterday i use the el capitan installer because i left the sierra flash drive at my office is there a difference between the two?

One thing you can try, but it may be a long shot, is to boot again with the USB Installer.
At the Clover Boot Manager screen point to your el Capitan
Then Press Space bar once
See you get a chance to boot without injected kext or without cache and see if that will help. The premise behind this approach is that you might have injected the 'wrong Video kext' preventing the system to reach the log on screen and desktop. This is a guess.

i'll give this a try thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back