1. 0
Intel i7-4790k
EVGA GTX 970
Gigabte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK ATX LGA1150
Crucial Ballistix LP 2x8GB 1600MHz
Samsung 850 EVO
WD Black
EVGA 750W ATX12V / EPS12V

This is my first time making a hackintosh and I'm having a little bit of trouble. After I load up the usb drive to do the install, the white screen with the apple logo and the progress bar gets stuck after it fills about 1/5 of the way. I ran it in verbose mode to see what the error was. When I ran it without any boot flags, I got this as the last two lines:

Fri Jan 2 07:46:58 2015 localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (MyListenerSocket) <Error>: No PATH environment variable set. The application firewall will not work with this service.
Fri Jan 2 07:46:58 2015 localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (MyListenerSocket) <Error>: No PATH environment variable set. The app

It seems the second line is the same as the first, except it froze before it could get to the 'l' in "application".

Next, I tried it with some boot flags. I tried it with some different combinations, and most of the time I would get this:

panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff8000379458): "a freed zone element has been modified in zone kalloc.64: expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef but found 0xdeadbeef88098809, bits changed 0x56a436e6, at offset 48 of 64 in element 0xffffff800a724d00,

Then something about calling the debugger and listing a huge list of really long addresses in two columns, and then under that some information about Mac OS version, Kernel version, Darwin Kernel version, etc.

I saw on the forum someone who used both a 4790k and 970 like I did and got it working. The main thing they did was not have the 970 plugged in at all during the install. I was hoping there was a way to get it working without having to do that, because long story short, it would be a huge pain for me to unplug my graphics card, and I would very much prefer to avoid having to do that, especially if it doesn't even guarantee me a problem free install.

Any help would be appreciated.

Intel i7-4790k
EVGA GTX 970
Samsung 850 EVO
WD Black

This is my first time making a hackintosh and I'm having a little bit of trouble

How did you prepare your USB Installer? Unibeast, Manual, etc?
panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff8000379458): "a freed zone element has been modified in zone kalloc.64: expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef but found 0xdeadbeef88098809, bits changed 0x56a436e6, at offset 48 of 64 in element 0xffffff800a724d00,

Have you patched your Kernel if you are using Chimera or Chameleon bootloader?
or
Have you set KernelPM to true in Config.plist if you are using Clover bootloader?

Then something about calling the debugger and listing a huge list of really long addresses in two columns, and then under that some information about Mac OS version, Kernel version, Darwin Kernel version, etc.

long story short, it would be a huge pain for me to unplug my graphics card, and I would very much prefer to avoid having to do that, especially if it doesn't even guarantee me a problem free install.

Have you tried GraphicsEnabler=NO flag, if you haven't try that.

I've tried GraphicsEnabler=No and it didn't work. I've also tried connecting to my monitor through the hdmi on the mobo instead of on the graphics card, but I didn't even get the splash screen to come up.

Pretty sure I'm using Chimera, but I'm following the directions for the yosemite install (http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html) and I don't see anything about patching.

Your CPU is the newest, I'm not sure if there is a specific Kernel Patch for it yet. Have you tried patching your Kernel using Haswell's patch? The guide can be found Here

Intel i7-4790k
EVGA GTX 970
Samsung 850 EVO
WD Black

Firstly, please add your system specs to your profile - It will help others to help you and is a requirement of the Rules. Nobody wants to keep scrolling back to Post #1 just to see what you have.

Thanks in anticipation.

What version is your BIOS ?
Gigabyte say that you need F5 (or later) for a 4790K.

Your GTX 970 is certainly problematic.
Connect your monitor to your onboard graphics with a digital connection - VGA is not supported.

Boot with -v maxmem=4096 and post a good quality picture of the screen when it stops.

Good Luck

thank you,
nv_disable=1 helped me as well

Last edited:
Hello,

I am a complete newbee to Hackintosh (although I own a real Mac Pro).
I started today with a brand new machine... and got stuck as you.

Thanks a lot for this comment that helped me to go through the install process.

The correct flag is nv_disable=1 (without 'd' at the end).

This also helped me getting rid of my apple-logo-screen. The correct flag is nv_disable=1 without using any -x or -v flags.

system:
asus h97 plus
i7 4790K
GTX 970
16gb balistix sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back