Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 M Ultra durable
CPU
I7 9700K
Graphics
RX 550
Hi everyone. Here is my problem. I've tried for about 6 months to build a hackintosh and every time I make a usb key no matter version of the os I use, it fails. One time it gets stuck at the logo and the progression bar not moving or another time it goes all the way till the end of the progression bar but the installer doesn't show. I checked my bios and tried different version of it too but nothing changed. This is my config:

-gigabyte motherboard Z390 M gaming
-Intel I7 9700K
-2X 16 GO corsair vengeance
-Sapphire radeon rx 550
-And a 500 GO SSD

Hope someone will be able to help me. In advance thank you.

Hi everyone. Here is my problem. I've tried for about 6 months to build a hackintosh and every time I make a usb key no matter version of the os I use, it fails. One time it gets stuck at the logo and the progression bar not moving or another time it goes all the way till the end of the progression bar but the installer doesn't show. I checked my bios and tried different version of it too but nothing changed. This is my config:

-gigabyte motherboard Z390 M gaming
-Intel I7 9700K
-2X 16 GO corsair vengeance
-Sapphire radeon rx 550
-And a 500 GO SSD

Hope someone will be able to help me. In advance thank you.
The RX 550 is not supported on MacOS as it uses a different (from RX 560 / 570 / 580) graphics chip and is not compatible.

If you don't have another supported graphics card you will have to use CPU integrated graphics, which should be supported on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 and above.

Are you attempting to install Mojave? If so, did you use Unibeast to create the USB stick?

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks for the response and yes I'm using unibeast for Mojave. Do you have suggestions for a good affordable graphic card?

Hi. Thanks for the response and yes I'm using unibeast for Mojave. Do you have suggestions for a good affordable graphic card?
Currently most new graphics cards are either not available or prohibitively expensive.

The GT 710 DDR3 is a compatible card but it is a really low end card and may not satisfy your requirements.

You may also consider older second hand cards like the GTX 760 or Radeon 7870.

Thanks a lot! I'm gonna look for one of these then because the rest is TOO much expensive right now.

Sure it's gonna work with my I7 coffee lake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back