Contribute
Register

Stuck at "Still Waiting for root device"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that is exactly how it worked, I had to use a newer version than a previous one I found. That new one is here

https://code.google.com/p/os-x-gene...=RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2013-0323.zip&can=2&q=

Right after I installed the kext to unibeast I booted straight into the setup no kernel flags needed

Awesome. That one is my branch...

You could have also used Multibeast to install it to the Unibeast drive, although doing it manually you can place it in in /Extra/Extensions if you want. Either way thanks for the confirm. It is nice to know it actually works for this purpose.

I have tried -x and -v and a lot of other things I have found searching this forum and nothing has worked. It always says "No interval found for . Using 8000000" and then proceeds to say "Still waiting on root device"

I really need some ideas to help me try to get this to install
My Specs
Laptop - Acer Aspire M5-481PT
CPU - Intel Core i5 3337U Ivy Bridge
RAM - 6GB DDR3
Hard drive - I have a SATA 500GB Hard Drive/ 20GB SSD

Here is a picture of where it sticksView attachment 54518

Hey Fishyer777
i just bought the same laptop off ebay
what guide did you use??? im getting bluetooth errors after updating to 10.8.4
no touchpad, no audio
only got battery working really

I am going to try this install today is there anything I should know now to do the install?

I can't access to this post. Could you tell me what I have to do.
I bought an Acer Travlemate p633 and it comes with usb 3.0 only ...
If I understand, I have to replace the kext

The latest Unibeast has USB3 support. No need to add/replace anything.

Thank you ! It's perfect
So I have to re-make my usb stick
After that I'll reply here

ok thank you it works fine now. I can install osx on this laptop.
Now sound, resolution (intel hd4000, I've got only 1024 screen resolution) don't work but it's another subject !

ok thank you it works fine now. I can install osx on this laptop.
Now sound, resolution (intel hd4000, I've got only 1024 screen resolution) don't work but it's another subject !

Make sure you update your profile/signature to reflect the computer you're currently working with.

I still have the 4330s but this one is my sister's !

Did wifi work from the getgo? I have this same laptop and I'm going to load Mavericks soon, but wanted to get all my ducks in a row beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back