Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
In STEP 4: Install OS X Mavericks sub-step 6 after i select the language it takes me to the screen but here my mouse/touchpad or keyboard doesnt work due to which i cant select the utilities -> disk utility
6. For a new installation of OS X, you MUST erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing. If you are upgrading from Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion and you want to keep your files and apps, skip steps a-j.
a. In the top menu bar choose Utilities, and open Disk Utility

i have ran these commands at boot

-x -v IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 GraphicsEnabler=Yes USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=0

i have tried attaching external USB in 2.0 but still the mouse doesnt work. what else i can do? my laptop is Lenovo Z500 Touch with IVy Bridge motherboard

please help

Can someone help me here?

why the USB/Touchpad are not working in-order to do the disk formatting using Disk Utility. the mouse arrow is just struck and even in key board only 2 keys works Alt+w and Alt+L

In STEP 4: Install OS X Mavericks sub-step 6 after i select the language it takes me to the screen but here my mouse/touchpad or keyboard doesnt work due to which i cant select the utilities -> disk utility

i have ran these commands at boot

-x -v IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 GraphicsEnabler=Yes USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=0

i have tried attaching external USB in 2.0 but still the mouse doesnt work. what else i can do? my laptop is Lenovo Z500 Touch with IVy Bridge motherboard

please help

Did you select "Laptop Support" when you created your Unibeast USB?

Yes i have selected Laptop Support and Os x 10.9 mavericks options. I tried with connecting external USB to USB 2.0 port it doesnt work.

any help on this please

Yes i have selected Laptop Support and Os x 10.9 mavericks options. I tried with connecting external USB to USB 2.0 port it doesnt work.

Double check:
Code:
# in Terminal, with USB stick plugged in, assuming installer USB is called Installer
ls -l /Volumes/Installer/Extra/Extensions

You could also try EHCIhard=Yes EHCIacquire=Yes

Sure. Thankyou Rehab let me try that option and let you know :clap:

Rehab

this is what i see under extensions:

AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
EvOreboot.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

these are what i see. I have used my old commands along with the one's you suggested its still the same USB doesnt work neither nor internal . what else i can try please help

Rehab

this is what i see under extensions:

AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
EvOreboot.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
IONetworkingFamily.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

these are what i see. I have used my old commands along with the one's you suggested its still the same USB doesnt work neither nor internal . what else i can try please help

With safe mode, ps2 drivers will not load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back