CPU
Intel i3 2100
Graphics
Amd Radeon HD 6670 1GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear team

please help !
After disk utility i click on install macos and then continue nothing happens.

Attachments

• IMG_4321.JPG
    IMG_4321.JPG
    444 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4323.JPG
    IMG_4323.JPG
    817.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4322.JPG
    IMG_4322.JPG
    830.1 KB · Views: 97
@maverick578, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

It's unclear to me what the issue is. My first piece of advice is to try it again, and be patient. You say "nothing happens", do you mean, literally nothing happens? How long do you wait before doing something, and what do you do, hold power for 5 seconds to shut the machine down?

I would try again and click install and walk away for an hour. Honestly. I upgraded an older laptop and it ran for 45 minutes and the installer log showed the same message over and over again until it rebooted itself. So I restarted the install and 45 minutes later it finished, and this was on Apple hardware officially supported.

If you come back after an hour and it's still doing nothing maybe the log will show something. But my next step would be to start the install over again, and walk away for an hour. Again. It can take a long time and the progress bar can be very misleading. I don't know what that mobo is but if it's older hardware that makes being patient even more important.

Other than being patient we would need an error message to work off of, and after that, it would be making sure your BIOS was setup correctly and your USB stick was built correctly. Look for success install forum posts for your hardware or similar hardware. (High Sierra Desktop Guides, subforum of this forum)

Good luck hope it works!

Thanks aol for replying.

I did wait for 30 min max. and the installer window after you done with disk utility and click on install or upgrade macos and click continue do not show up..I will try and do what you suggested.Currently i have a el capitan working perfectly.

I will update what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back