Contribute
Register

Stuck at Grey screen after Multibeast installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68XP-UD3 Rev 1.2
CPU
i72600
Graphics
GE Force GTS 450
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Followed Mnt Lion Guide. Worked up to step four. System was fine everything seemed to work. Tried to

restart and boot into Hard drive After completing Mtn. Lion Set up went thru the whole thing. Then final

boot into Hard drive Just hangs at grey screen n apple logo NO spinning gear! Reads my 8gb of ram

but bios reads it as 1333 instead of 1600. Double checked my bios settings. They are the same as when

I Installed SL 10.6.8 Any help from any one would be greatly appreciated. Already tried reinstalling and

erasing drive once If I have to do it again I will.

Thank you in advance

Followed Mnt Lion Guide. Worked up to step four. System was fine everything seemed to work. Tried to

restart and boot into Hard drive After completing Mtn. Lion Set up went thru the whole thing. Then final

boot into Hard drive Just hangs at grey screen n apple logo NO spinning gear! Reads my 8gb of ram

but bios reads it as 1333 instead of 1600. Double checked my bios settings. They are the same as when

I Installed SL 10.6.8 Any help from any one would be greatly appreciated. Already tried reinstalling and

erasing drive once If I have to do it again I will.

Thank you in advance

Your nvidia card may require GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Did you use it? You can boot verbose (-v) to troubleshoot boot problems.

Thank you for your reply. I used DSDT user method in multi beast So I though that would not be needed.

I was actually worried if I installed the wrong plugins for FakeSMC. But I'm just at a loss. I'm sure I must have missed something just trying to figure what. I will try GraphicsEnabler=yes, or anything else you can thing of. thank you

Still stuck at grey screen after boot flag GraphicsEnabler=Yes. What If I just Try another Hard Drive can I INSTall using my Unibeast flash drive?

I figured out what fixed a lot in SL was just a simple software update, and reinstall of multi beast till I got it right.

Still stuck at grey screen after boot flag GraphicsEnabler=Yes. What If I just Try another Hard Drive can I INSTall using my Unibeast flash drive?

I figured out what fixed a lot in SL was just a simple software update, and reinstall of multi beast till I got it right.

You should boot verbose to try and diagnose the problem.

npci=0x3000 | 0x2000 | (nothing) Will this help? I'm guessing the numbers are the HD2000, 3000 graphics on the cpu my i7 2600 has HD 2000. So do I put in npci=0x2000 ?

Yes, thank you. That's what I've been doing. Just trying find the problem.

I'm getting Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused

npci=0x3000 | 0x2000 | (nothing) Will this help? I'm guessing the numbers are the HD2000, 3000 graphics on the cpu my i7 2600 has HD 2000. So do I put in npci=0x2000 ?

npci has nothing to do with graphics, Intel HD2000/HD3000 or otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, thank you. That's what I've been doing. Just trying find the problem.

I don't see any photos of verbose boot.

2014-08-19 17.37.35.jpg2014-08-19 17.37.50.jpg2014-08-19 17.38.01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back