Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus z270e
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
MSI 1050 ti
Hi, I'm quite new here and need to apologies in advance for not fully known what am I taking about.
After managed to installed high sierra beta and reached mac desktop, I use multibeast and got stuck at full progress bar after multibeast reboot. If you guys can suggest something that would be nice.

ps. this's my first build and my built are at my signature

Edit: I tried to run in -v mode, it's stuck at
gIOScreenLockState 3

and I've set FakeID to 0x12345678 but it still stuck at same point.

Last edited:
First suggestion is to look for install guides close to your hardware. Second suggestion is to consider what you installed with multibeast, reverse what you installed (since you got to the desktop before you installed, you had a basically working system), and install one thing at a time if and until you get the hang again and reverse that and find another way to fix whatever problem you were trying to solve. Typically you would go in order:
- can get to desktop
- install ethernet driver
- get sound working
- get graphics working
- get wireless or bluetooth or whatever is next

The problem is if you can no longer get to the desktop you can't reverse the changes. You can try booting in safe mode (-x) which loads fewer drivers. You can try adding boot flags like nv_disable=1 if it's a Nvidia GPU issue. You can also try booting the recovery partition and using the terminal to undo changes.

If you really have no way forward you may have to reinstall macOS and start again. Good to have a backup bootable system for troubleshooting.

Thanks for the answer but I reinstalled, get to desktop, use multibeast to install only boot from UEFI and ethernet yet still stuck at gIOScreenLockState 3 again

Ug so you booted successfully, ran multibeast to install support for ethernet/sound or whatever, and now can't boot? FYI multibeast isn't updated for high Sierra yet. I would stay away from multibeast until it's officially released for high Sierra.

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back