Lenovo x270
CPU
i5-6300U
Graphics
HD 520, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good day,

I am used to install macOS on external USB drive on my laptop as per the guide I have created here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-x250.206197/

From Mojave, I have been unable to use JFS as file system for the installation. Then I have used APFS.
At the first reboot, process is blocked at end randomseed. I have tried all version of Optfix (old one, version 2 and 3) without success.

I tried to install back High Sierra and get the same new troubles:
- Impossible to use JFS as file system. Installation program refuses it.
- Installation possible with APFS but blocked at end randomseed at the first reboot.

I suspect the latest lcover version to create this trouble.

Any idea ?

Attachments

• mj..jpg
    mj..jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 178
I have same problem on Acer v5-471g, with hfs+ I can boot normally, but with apfs stuck at end randomseed.
I have tried many clover version and tried with aptiomemoryfix, optfix (v2, 3), etc, but no luck.

I have same problem on Acer v5-471g, with hfs+ I can boot normally, but with apfs stuck at end randomseed.
I have tried many clover version and tried with aptiomemoryfix, optfix (v2, 3), etc, but no luck.
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

After a long period without mac OS. I am trying to fix this issue.
I did many tests today as per AgusGeneratio: aptiomemoryfix, optfix (all versions).

The USB installation stick boots fine.
From what I have seen, HFS+ is no more accepted as filesystem for Mojave; thus I go for apfs.

After the first reboot, still stuck at end randomseed.
I do not expect a trouble due to aptiomemoryfix or optfix as I can boot the usb installation stick without problem.
I suspect this issue being due to the fact I am trying to install Mojave on an external drive with apfs.

Any idea ?

P.S.: attached the list of efi files of the USB Stiick with comparaison to the guide.

Attachments

• 2018-12-09_20h58_37.png
    2018-12-09_20h58_37.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 101
I did many tests today as per AgusGeneratio: aptiomemoryfix, optfix (all versions).

From what I have seen, HFS+ is no more accepted as filesystem for Mojave; thus I go for apfs.

I do not expect a trouble due to aptiomemoryfix or optfix as I can boot the usb installation stick without problem.
I suspect this issue being due to the fact I am trying to install Mojave on an external drive with apfs.

Any idea ?

P.S.: attached the list of efi files of the USB Stiick with comparaison to the guide.
your problem reporting files are incomplete

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Any idea ?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, you failed to fill out your profile completely (missing screen resolution). Please fix as per FAQ. Before your next reply.

Good day,

Graphics added and attached clover.zip after F2/F4 at the boot.

Many thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
Config.plist changed.
Kexts updated to the latest versions as well.
Same issue, booting on the usb installation stick OK but first boot on the USB external HDD stucks at end randomseed.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
  • 20181210_205007883_iOS.jpg
    20181210_205007883_iOS.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
Config.plist changed.
Kexts updated to the latest versions as well.
Same issue, booting on the usb installation stick OK but first boot on the USB external HDD stucks at end randomseed.

FakeSMC sensor kexts are not recommended in the guide, and are not needed to boot the installer.
So why did you put them in Clover/kexts/Other?
Also the version of Clover is not the one recommended in the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back