i7-6700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
To make a long story short - I had to get my PSU replaced when it choked after moving to a new place. In the process of troubleshooting, I took the SSD's out of the tower and attach it to macbook pro to check if they're ok or not. I then sent it to the MicroCenter to check other hardware to be sure that there are no other hardware components being affected - they determined that it was only PSU that was affected (whew!)

But then when I put the SSDs back in and fired it up, now I get an error booting up (picture attached with verbose). Any idea on how I can resolve it?

The macbook pro was on Big Sur, and the tower is on Catalina. I don't know if that somehow affected the efi portion of Clover on the SSD. I did open some files from the SSD while using it on macbook pro while I was waiting for Microcenter to complete their diagnosis.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpeg
    IMG_0117.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 58
Press the spacebar at the Clover menu screen and select the boot without injecting kexts option.

Ok...before I jump and try that, I realized I omitted something important. I have to boot the tower up with USB that i created before with clover bootloader and that wasn't the case before I shipped it off to Microcenter. I could boot it up directly. Is it still advisable to try boot it up with USB without running the kexts? Thanks again.

I searched everywhere in Clover boot screen to find that option to boot without injecting kext option. I have attached the pictures here in hopes that I can get help in pinpointing the issue. The debug picture remains the same and is included in my first post here.

I did notice that there was a "block kext" option but I clicked on it and nothing comes up.

Any suggestion?

Attachments

• IMG_0032.jpeg
    IMG_0032.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0028.jpeg
    IMG_0028.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0026.jpeg
    IMG_0026.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0025.jpeg
    IMG_0025.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0024.jpeg
    IMG_0024.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0023.jpeg
    IMG_0023.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0022.jpeg
    IMG_0022.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 46
Those screenshots are from the Clover Options menu.

You need to press the 'SPACEBAR' button while the macOS drive's icon is highlighted to bring up a different menu. Which will contain an option to boot the system without injecting any kexts.

This is what the Spacebar Options menu looked like on my last Clover install.

screenshot9.png Spacebar options menu

I managed to use the spacebar at the clover bootup. I tried the option for booting up without the kext and that didn't work. As a result, I decided to update the clover bootloader on my USB in hopes that it will help resolve the issue. I'm not sure if it led to the following errors I got now - 0x5 and 0xE. Any suggestions as to how I should fix this?

I could take the hard drive out of the tower and update the clover directly on the hard drive by attaching it to macbook pro as an external drive. Would that be a good idea to try?

I am attaching the picture below. Let me know what steps should I check out in resolving this :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 49
Common issue when missing one of a number of config.plist options.

1. SSDT's required for Skylake system not included in /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
    • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml and
    • SSDT-PLUG.aml
    • Copies of both SSDT's are attached in the Archive.zip folder.
  2. Newer versions of Clover use some OpenCore quirks, the incorrect application of these quirks can cause this type of issue. Users are known to add the OcQuirks.efi driver and not set the quirks correctly in the config.plist. The issue is usually related to one or more of the following quirks:
    • DevirtualiseMmio
    • SetupVirtualMap
    • EnableWriteUnprotector
    • ProvideConsoleGop
    • IgnoreInvalidFlexRatio

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back