Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5800
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I successfully created a UniBeast USB stick for Mountain Lion. When I reboot the system, I get the "boot chooser" screen which shows my hard drives and the cute little cartoon mountian lion and snow leopard (which is my currently installed and fully-functioning OS). When I select the UniBeast flash drive, the screens blank and the drive reads for a couple of seconds then the system reboots.

I tried all the boot toggles listed on the page both one at a time and in concert with each other:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

and none of them has effected a change to this cycle.

I tried using the -v flag to see the problem that causes the quit and restart; the text appears line after line for almost two minutes and then just stops and the system reboots. The last text that appears onscreen is :

"Starting Darwin x86_64

Boot Args: boot-uuid-6118C781-0814-3A81-9783-57AB150BAABC rd=ww1d PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v"

Some of that may not be exactly letter-for-letter correct: I shot video on my phone to freeze the relevant frame and the resolution isn't that great.

I'm stuck.

What information would be helpful for anyone who might like to offer suggestions?

(bump)

Nobody has had this issue? I'm stuck right now; if I can't get past this point, I'm either going to have to stay on Snow Leopard OR nuke the whole thing and start over, which I'd prefer not to do since I have tons of stuff installed that I'd have to re-install and authorize.

Has Mountain Lion ever booted normally with the Radeon Graphics card?
Are you trying to run multi beast on the ML install or have you already run that ?
Also you should put a full detailed list of all your hardware into your profile.

It's likely that your gfx card is not supported in ML without some Kext modification.

Has Mountain Lion ever booted normally with the Radeon Graphics card?
Are you trying to run multi beast on the ML install or have you already run that ?
Also you should put a full detailed list of all your hardware into your profile.

It's likely that your gfx card is not supported in ML without some Kext modification.

No, Mountain Lion has never booted on my system. I am currently running Snow Leopard.
I am trying to run UniBeast from a USB stick at boot as detailed on the install guide page since I don't want to lose my current 10.6.8 install if I can avoid it.
All relevant hardware is listed in my sig now.
I turned off graphics support during the 10.8 UniBeast install attempt (GraphicsEnabler=No) and it made no difference.

I guess I can just nuke the system and start over from scratch, but I'd really prefer not to if it can be helped. And the guide makes it seem so easy...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

charlzm

I have an exactly the same situation with instant reboot after choosing the install partition from the Unibeast USB. In fact, I have made a Unibeast USB and a HDDconsisting of ML 10.8.5 created by a MBP, yet booting the USB or the ML HDD result in instant Bootloop.

My config :

Q9400
EP43T-S3L
2GB ADATA Gaming *4
WD Blue 1TB (ML HDD)

Please give us a hand for this frustrating condition, Thanks!

charlzm

I have an exactly the same situation with instant reboot after choosing the install partition from the Unibeast USB. In fact, I have made a Unibeast USB and a HDDconsisting of ML 10.8.5 created by a MBP, yet booting the USB or the ML HDD result in instant Bootloop.

My config :

Q9400
EP43T-S3L
2GB ADATA Gaming *4
WD Blue 1TB (ML HDD)

Please give us a hand for this frustrating condition, Thanks!

We can't be the only people who have experienced this.

BTW, I am a freelance video editor and I have a project to do. I was hoping to upgrade to ML and edit the project in Adobe Premiere CC but I guess I'll do it in FCP7 in SL first, then nuke the system if there isn't a solution by then.

Well, solved the first problem then bump into another:banghead:

I loaded the optimized default and the instant reboot no longer appeared, yet I stuck at missing bluetooth controller transport....

Well, solved the first problem then bump into another:banghead:

I loaded the optimized default and the instant reboot no longer appeared, yet I stuck at missing bluetooth controller transport....

"optimized default"? In your mobo BIOS?

I guess I'll try that, since it's the only thing I didn't do on the guide. I'm nearly 100% certain that I have never changed my mobo BIOS settings from factory default anyway, but I'll try it and see if it solves the problem.

...aaaand it's dead.

I went into the mobo BIOS, set everything to defaults and tried booting off the UniBeast install USB.

Still got the boot loop anyway.

So, I decided to just go into my Snow Leopard install and do some work.

Nope. Wouldn't load.

I went back to the BIOS and put everything back to the way it was BEFORE I set the BIOS to defaults.

Nope.

Now my Snow Leopard install is broken, an install that has been working fine for three years.

I have no choice now but to just install Mountain Lion on a freshly-formatted HD since my Snow Leopard system is "gone".

I sincerely hope no-one else has had a UniBeast failure like this.

I've been thinking about this for a few days, and I've decided to just give up on the Hackintosh. The only thing I ever needed it for was Final Cut Pro 7 and, since Apple killed it and replaced it with iMovie Pro (aka Final Cut X, which no post houses use that I am aware of)... I guess I don't need Apple any more.

Oh, and the hard drive in my iPod Classic died a month or so ago as well. I destroyed it pretty thoroughly trying to replace the hard drive.

The ghost of Steve Jobs has cursed me! I guess it's time to get off the Apple cart.

Good luck, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back