1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I had a fully working Snow Leopard 10.6.8 install. Here are my specs:
Intel i7 860
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3
XFX HD 6870

It worked almost natively, never had a problem when updating from 10.6.0 to 10.6.8 over the last year. I followed the Lion walkthrough on tony's blog. When I tried booting on the installer partition (on an external HDD as I didn't want to mess with the partitions on my main drive), it didn't work (kernel panic, CPU 7 didn't have HPET or something).

So I copied the Extra folder from my snow leopard partition to the installer partition, and I could boot into the installer. I installed Lion on my Snow Leopard partition and now it doesn't boot : I'm stuck at the apple logo boot screen (it spins indefinitely).

I tried to boot in verbose mode, I get some errors like
Can't load kext com.apple.iokit.AppleProfileFamily - linl failed.
Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.iokit.AppleProfileFamily.
Kext com.apple.iokit.AppleProfileFamily failed to load (0xdc008016)
and I get this for multiple kexts.

So what do think? Should I do a clean install? (I'd rather not)

I have the same error. Please help.

Same Here! :?

Edit: Fixed!

Just forgot to change AHCI mode... Noob thing...
Changed the BIOS settings, and installed again to the same place and now working!

Check he settings out guys! :)

I had the same error, stuck at booting, with a Samsung RF710 Notebook.

These 3 steps below got Lion booting for me. Depending on your hardware you might not need Step 1 and/or Step 2. Step 3 however did the trick, not only with the Samsung notebook but also on a Asus-mobo desktop with totally different hardware.

STEP 1:
Booted SL from another disk to be able to access the install target partition and the installer partition, and in the installer partition AND in S/L/E of the snow leopard install target:
- deleted AppleHDA.kext (because VoodooHDA is installed, you might not need to do that)

STEP 2:
In E/E of the snow leopard install target:
- delete LegacyAppleRTC.kext (in E/E, creates problem for the Samsung notebooks with Lion, you might not need to do that)

STEP 3:
Booted back in the installer, then Disk-utilities:
- verify Disk
- verify and repair disk permissions
- install Lion again

And voila, Lion boots, even with 64 bit.

Then, to get the USB wireless working I had to install the USB-Rollback kext with Multibeast (which was not needed with that notebook and SL)

SL is exellent but no-way will Lion boot-up, it hangs at boot, although I am using stock kernel, there is no kp. I'll boot in to windows and see what, you say, are the kexts I could delete. In SL e/e there is: appleACPIs2nub, evoreboot, jmicronata, nvenabler, voodoops2controller, fakesmc, disabler, and elliotforcelegacy kexts.
Adrian

ooooh, I'm a noob!

Reinstalled but same thing with extra kexts.
(put my windows vista sp2 into hibernation last night. It's woke up now and looks exactly the same as win 98 and I cannot change it) :lolno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back