Contribute
Register

Stuck at Apple-Logo (install) GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming, I7-7700K, GF 1050Ti, 32GB Ram, SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Ignore me
CPU
I'm Ignoring
Graphics
the Forum RULES !!!!
This is my third build - I started back on Snow-Leopard, had a Mavericks build and now with the new hardware I obviously can not figure out to get this High-Sierra-Installer running from USB with success.

BTW: If there is a buyers-guide with recommended hardware-selection fx. from the category "CustoMacPro" - why is there no step-by-step-guide matching a given build and OSX-version then?

What I have done so far, which hopefully kind of points in the right direction (based on 5-10 different threads):

- Changed BIOS to recommended settings
>>
BIOS TAB
BIOS Features > Windows 8/10 Features > Other OS
BIOS Features > Storage Boot Option Control > UEFI Only
BIOS Features > Boot Option #1 > UEFI USB Drive

Peripherals TAB
Initial Display Output > PCIe 1 Slot
Peripherals > XHCI Hand-off > Enable
Network Stack > Disabled

Chipset TAB
VTd > Disabled
Internal Graphics > Disabled

- Made a high-sierra-usb-install-stick
- Installed Clover 4243
-- In clover selected:
-- Install for UEFI booting only
-- Install Clover in the ESP
-- Drivers64UEFI
-- Tried with/without EmuVariableUefi-64 (no succes)
-- Tried with OsxAptioFixDrv-64 or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 (no success)

Edited the following in config.plist

FakeCPUID ->> 0x0506e3
CsrActiveConfig ->> 0x67

Researched a ton of potential relevant forum-postings - tried a lot other desperate things...

Any hints appreciated.

Last edited:
Here is what happens when I boot the installer from clover/usb:

.. many other users report same issues - especially there are a lot of reports about the appearing of "+++++++++++"
This is my third build - I started back on Snow-Leopard, had a Mavericks build and now with the new hardware I obviously can not figure out to get this High-Sierra-Installer running from USB with success.

BTW: If there is a buyers-guide with recommended hardware-selection fx. from the category "CustoMacPro" - why is there no step-by-step-guide matching a given build and OSX-version then?

What I have done so far, which hopefully kind of points in the right direction (based on 5-10 different threads):

- Changed BIOS to recommended settings
>>
BIOS TAB
BIOS Features > Windows 8/10 Features > Other OS
BIOS Features > Storage Boot Option Control > UEFI Only
BIOS Features > Boot Option #1 > UEFI USB Drive

Peripherals TAB
Initial Display Output > PCIe 1 Slot
Peripherals > XHCI Hand-off > Enable
Network Stack > Disabled

Chipset TAB
VTd > Disabled
Internal Graphics > Disabled

- Made a high-sierra-usb-install-stick
- Installed Clover 4243
-- In clover selected:
-- Install for UEFI booting only
-- Install Clover in the ESP
-- Drivers64UEFI
-- Tried with/without EmuVariableUefi-64 (no succes)
-- Tried with OsxAptioFixDrv-64 or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 (no success)

FakeCPUID ->> 0x0506e3
CsrActiveConfig ->> 0x67

Researched a ton of potential relevant forum-postings - tried a lot other desperate things...

Any hints appreciated.

FakeCPUID ->> 0x0506e3
CsrActiveConfig ->> 0x67

Are both the listed options chosen for this particular boot that failed and displayed the "series of +++++++++" (plus signs)?

• Is this screen appearing after you boot the macOS Sierra USB Installer Flash drive from the Clover Boot Manager Screen or before it could even reach the CBM screen?
    • Your YouTube Video does not play from the Forum >ends suddenly with an error message "Start again" repeatedly.
  • If your USB Installer is reaching the CBM Screen, please go to Options> Binaries Patching-- >Custom Kernel Patches--> and take a photo to upload to the Forum.

A26C5185-9AA9-4DC7-9A0C-D741E053FB2A.jpeg
Are both the listed options chosen for this particular boot that failed and displayed the "series of +++++++++" (plus signs)?

Yes
  • Is this screen appearing after you boot the macOS Sierra USB Installer Flash drive from the Clover Boot Manager Screen or before it could even reach the CBM screen?

• [/QUOTE]

Yes

• Your YouTube Video does not play from the Forum >ends suddenly with an error message "Start again" repeatedly.

Which ‚Forum‘?

• If your USB Installer is reaching the CBM Screen, please go to Options> Binaries Patching-- >Custom Kernel Patches--> and take a photo to upload to the Forum.

Look photo above. Sorry for messi quotation, iOS browsing and writing/editing is a nighmare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back