intel hd 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

I'm trying to install Yosemite on my 4530s which is currently running Mavericks/Chimera. I'm intending to do a fresh install.

I boot off of the USB, using the EFI file. At Step 5, I select "Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite" Then, my monitor goes black and shows an Apple logo. A progress bar appears but there is no progress. Stuck here.

I chose the HD3000 1366x768 config.plist file from Dropbox.

Can't post troubleshooting files since I haven't been able to install yet. I don't know how to go to verbose mode during installation. I've reviewed the forum for similar issues and did the best I could to provide needed info.

Attached are screenshots of 1) the install screen and 2) the screen I'm stuck at. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance AND happy new years.

- Dtrizzle

Attachments

• install screen.jpg
    install screen.jpg
    875.1 KB · Views: 192
  • stuck here.jpg
    stuck here.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 420
Post your EFI folder in USB.

nguyenmac - thanks for the quick reply. Here is my EFI folder zipped. The EFI folder is on the USB as expected.

- Dtrizzle

Attachments

• EFI on USB.png
    EFI on USB.png
    431.4 KB · Views: 248
  • EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 118
I realized that my config.plist should not have .txt at the end of the file name. So I removed the .txt, rebooted, and tried again. I still get to the install screen but there is no option to install Yosemite. Stuck there. See photo attached.

Attachments

• no install option.jpg
    no install option.jpg
    907.8 KB · Views: 188
I realized that my config.plist should not have .txt at the end of the file name. So I removed the .txt, rebooted, and tried again. I still get to the install screen but there is no option to install Yosemite. Stuck there. See photo attached.

#1: Your fault for .txt >> you fixed it.
#4: My fault for not showing up >> I will fix it now.

EDIT: Download Clover.zip again, and make sure no .txt this time.

Stuck at apple logo and progress bar after booting from clover

Booting from clover loading half bar in apple logo but finally stucks:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back