GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

I had a SL install running just great (on hardware in signature). I followed the upgrade instructions on the tonymac site (using XMove and App Store purchase of Lion) and now my hardware won't boot.

It will boot if I use the -x flag at boot up but when I just use -v it gets stuck on the page shown in the picture here - http://yfrog.com/kkhkq7j

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Steve

Have you recently installed anything or updated a kext? also try booting -v -f and see if that gets you anywhere.

try this flag >npci=0x2000 and see will it boot or u will have the same error.

Thanks for the ideas - neither worked unfortunately. I haven't added any new hardware or made any config changes! Just did the upgrade.

It appears to be a video issue - I have an nVidia GT240 card and am wondering if there is something I can do to upgrade or replace the video drivers.

Both boot commands you guys mentioned left the machine stuck in the same place at the boot sequence.

Any other ideas? Please! :)

stevodevo said:
Thanks for the ideas - neither worked unfortunately. I haven't added any new hardware or made any config changes! Just did the upgrade.

It appears to be a video issue - I have an nVidia GT240 card and am wondering if there is something I can do to upgrade or replace the video drivers.

Both boot commands you guys mentioned left the machine stuck in the same place at the boot sequence.

Any other ideas? Please! :)

boot with graphicsenabler=no or add it to boot.plist and check back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back